+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passed LX0-103

1. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    PMI CAPM, A+, Security+, CEH, GCIH

Default Passed LX0-103

Hello all, I have been lurking around for a bit and thought I'd share my experience on this mornings' test. As the title states it was the CompTIA Linux LX0-103 exam and it was a doozy. The first 5 questions were incredibly easy but thats where it ended. It was a tough exam, you really need to know what the commands do (all the switches) and need to extend your learning out beyond the samples provided in the book, I can't emphasize this enough. No doubt a hard exam but I did not see an unfamiliar terms or concepts, as the book seem to do a pretty good job of covering it. Again, know your commands and switches by heart. Uppercase, lowercase, short and long, everything. Alot of multiple answer (Select 2 or 3 type) questions and a few (2-3) fill in the blank.

I studied about 2 months maybe a little less, 2 hr/night weekdays and maybe 3 hours each weekend day. I had little Linux experience before this; just some remnants of college and what I picked up in Kali Linux.

Study Reference:
    CompTIA Linux+ / LPIC-1 Cert Guide
    Linux Academy
    Google/Youtube

For now, SANS 504 on demand starts tomorrow for me and I hope to pick up the LX0-104 to complete the certification in June.

Good Luck and Happy Studying!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, VCA-DCV, Linux+/LPIC-1, AWS CSA, AWS Dev, AWS SysOps, Project+ [Expired: Net+, Sec+, CCENT, CCNA]
    Congrats on the LXO-103 pass!
    Good luck on the LXO-104
    Goals for 2017:
    RHCSA, RHCE, LFCS: Ubuntu | Project+ | AWS Certified DevOps Engineer | Learn Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Golang | Improve Python Programming
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member
    i did pass lx0-103 today 780/800 .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats!!

Good luck on part two
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    B.S. in Computer Information Systems from The University of Akron, MCSE, Network +, A+
    I just signed up for Linux Academy , how much did that help with the exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CASP, SEC+, NET+, A+, NST, CST, ACE...
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks