+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    Adtran: ATSA x5, Cambium: ePMP, Cisco: CCENT CCNA, CompTIA: A+ Sec+

Default Failed LX0-103 for the second time

Not sure how to approach this. I read the Sybex book, studied uCertify, and LabSim in detail, watched the WGU webinars, read the "learn Linux 101 from IBM, and played with vms for a few months. Took the test today, felt really confident in all but 5 questions, but ended up with a score of 460. No idea what I did wrong. It's kind of funny because I took the LX0-103 and LX0-104 in July and passed the LX0-104 with very little effort. Could y'all recommend another study resource while I'm working towards a third attempt?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, Linux+, Security+, MCSA: Server 2012, MCSE: Cloud and Infrastructure, VCP6-DCV, AWS CSA
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuamurphy75 View Post
    Not sure how to approach this. I read the Sybex book, studied uCertify, and LabSim in detail, watched the WGU webinars, read the "learn Linux 101 from IBM, and played with vms for a few months. Took the test today, felt really confident in all but 5 questions, but ended up with a score of 460. No idea what I did wrong. It's kind of funny because I took the LX0-103 and LX0-104 in July and passed the LX0-104 with very little effort. Could y'all recommend another study resource while I'm working towards a third attempt?
    Linux Academy has some really good material on the subject. I used them for both exams.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Thanks for the advice. I signed up for Linux Academy, starting with the Linux Essentials videos, then moving towards Linux+ LPIC Level 1 Exam 1. I also printed the exam objectives and will be going through the man pages of every topic mentioned on them before retrying.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    LPIC-1, Linux+, SUSE CLA, MCP, VCA6-DCV
    Linuxacademy have two pairs of LPIC-1 Exam courses.
    This one is new for 103:
    https://linuxacademy.com/cp/modules/view/id/125
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Self-Described Huguenot blargoe's Avatar

Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA; VCP 3/4/5/6 (DCV); EMCSA:CLARiiON; Linux+; MCSE:M 2000/2003; MCSE:S 2000/2003; MCTS:Exch2007; Security+; A+; CCNA (expired)
    +1 for linuxacademy. That is the only course I used.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 10/27/2017 - Passed Microsoft 70-410 (one exam left for MCSA 2012)
    Working on: MCSA 2012 upgrade from 2003 (to heck with 2008!!), MCSA 2016 upgrade, more Linux
    Thinking about: VCP6-CMA, AWS Solution Architect (Associate), Python, VCAP6-DCD (for completing VCIX)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Project+, Sec+, MCP Win 7
    If you havent yet I would look at anki for flash cards and create some of your own. This helped me when I passed the 103. I also used linuxacadamy some with cbtnuggets and plurlsight. Linux acadamy is really good for labs and hands on stuff so I think you will be in a good spot after going through that. I failed my first attempt with a 460 and passed my second attempt with like a 520 or something. I thought it was a rough test. On your exam results is there any specific area that you are having issues in? Do you use the prep engine in uCertify?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    Linux+ Prince2 Fundation Security+ eJPT
    This ebook got all info you need: CompTIA Linux + / LPIC-1 Cert Guide by Ross Brunson and Sean Walberg

Also check my post about materials I used to pass both exams: Acquired CompTia Linux+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I've been going through the Linux Academy stuff. I'm finishing the Linux Essentials stuff now, and getting ready to start the Linux+/LPIC-1 Exam 101 course. I'd have to say it's pretty good, but seems a little slow because of all the stuff I already learned from the other vendors. I'll post here what happens once I retest.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, MCP
    yeah i started first with comptia cloud essentials, then linux essentials and aws essentials, and now im studying for both linux exams and aws throught linuxacademy.com i tried with others and i sign up with acloud guru, but linux academy i think its much better lectures, plus much better labs than other schools. hopefully i will be able to finish all cloud courses and ofcourse pass all the exams
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks