+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Certifications
    Server+, CCP, CASP, Mobility+, Storage+, Cloud+, Certified Java 8 Professional, Security+, Certified Java 6 Developer

Default Flavor of Linux for Linux+?

I am thinking about acquiring the Linux+ certification next year. What flavor of Linux distro should I install so I can practice for it on a VM? Ubuntu? Red Hat?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, Linux+, Security+, MCSA: Server 2012, MCSE: Cloud and Infrastructure, VCP6-DCV, AWS CSA
    You'll need to use both during your study.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Security +
    As I am working towards my 103 before the end of the Month, I have setup 2 VM's with virtualbox. One Centos (With gui), and one Ubuntu. These were recommended to me via a course mentor through WGU and I have found these Distros are great for studying from.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    SpecterOps: Powershell Adversary Tactics, SilentBreakSecurity - DarkSideOps, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , LFCS, C|EH , PA ACE
    The Linux Foundation for the win!
    2018 Goals: eCPPT (2nd attempt), OSCP, SpecterOps: Adversary Tactics Red Team OPS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member
    Linux Academy provides cloud servers that you can spin up (6 simultaneously) in over 16 different distros including Ubuntu & Red Hat so you can practice on all of them without having to worry
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    OSCP, OSWP, GPEN, CEHv9, eJPT, A+, Security+, Linux+, CySA+, LPIC-1, CCENT, Linux Essentials
    A simple vm install of ubuntu and CentOS is all you need. Most of the exam is a simple task or config file location that is different for the two distros so you need to know both.
    Currently: eWPT
    Future: CCNA Cyber Ops, OSCE and PTX
    Other: Python and Powershell
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks