+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CCSK, OCEJPAD, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, CCP, CASP, Mobility+, Storage+, OCP Java SE 8 Professional, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer

Default Flavor of Linux for Linux+?

I am thinking about acquiring the Linux+ certification next year. What flavor of Linux distro should I install so I can practice for it on a VM? Ubuntu? Red Hat?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Member

Certifications
    CCNA, Linux+, Security+, MCSA: Server 2012, MCSE: Cloud and Infrastructure, VCP6-DCV, AWS CSA
    You'll need to use both during your study.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Lost & Not Found

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Security +, & CompTIA Linux + (Powered by LPI)
    As I am working towards my 103 before the end of the Month, I have setup 2 VM's with virtualbox. One Centos (With gui), and one Ubuntu. These were recommended to me via a course mentor through WGU and I have found these Distros are great for studying from.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    eCPPT, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , LFCS, C|EH , PA ACE
    The Linux Foundation for the win!
    2018 Goals: SANS Advanced Security Essentials - Enterprise Defender (complete, not going for cert), eCPPT (obtained), OSCP PWK (in progress), SpecterOps: Adversary Tactics Red Team OPS (Blackhat 2k18 ), OSCE CTP (Oct Start)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member
    Linux Academy provides cloud servers that you can spin up (6 simultaneously) in over 16 different distros including Ubuntu & Red Hat so you can practice on all of them without having to worry
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    OSCP, OSWP, GPEN, CEHv9, eJPT, A+, Security+, Linux+, CySA+, LPIC-1, CCENT, Linux Essentials
    A simple vm install of ubuntu and CentOS is all you need. Most of the exam is a simple task or config file location that is different for the two distros so you need to know both.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    A+ i-Net+ LPIC-1 Network+ Security+ Server+ Splunk Certified User VCP-DCV6 [Expired: CCNP-R&S MCSE-NT4 RHCE]
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisone View Post
    The Linux Foundation for the win!
    How were the Linux Foundation exams compared to Linux+ and RHCSA? I was thinking of going for LFCSA for the sole reason of getting the MCSA - Linux certification. The idea of a Microsoft-sponsored Linux certificate amuses me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+,Network+,Security+,EMCISA,MCP,MTAx2,CCENT,CCNA R&S,C|EH,C|HFI,Linux+,LPIC-1,E|CSS,E|CES,GPEN,OSWP,Server+,LPT,GCIH,E|CIH,E|CSA,JNCIA,CPTE,CPTC,eJPT
    I'd say just use a regular Debian VM and for Red Hat just download CentOS.
    2018: E|CSP,CCNA-Security,CSA+,CAST 611,GWAPT,GNFA,CCNA Cyber Ops,GXPN
    2019: CCSK,CISSP,GREM,GAWN,CWNA
    2020: LPIC-2,eLearnSecurity Courses
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks