+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    CSA+, Security+, Network+, LPI-ES, ITIL Foundations V3, MTA Sever, MTA Security

Default Failed with a 470

Definitely one of the harder CompTIA tests. First time doing this one. I am a little bit disappointed with some of my prep materials as a few questions I swear we're not even remotely anything I've seen on Linux Academy or in my PearsonVUE study book. Also, those fill in the blanks take up a huuuuuuuuge portion of the test.

The problem is it doesn't specify GRUB Legacy or GRUB2 so how the hell am I supposed to know what it wants?

Plan on retaking hopefully later this week. I barely failed and I took down notes when I got out of the test to brush up on.
    Last edited by johndabomb44; 01-15-2018 at 06:47 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, Network+,Security+, DECA-ISM v2, MCP, MTAx2 , CCENT, CCNA R&S,C|EH,C|HFI,Linux+,LPIC-1,E|CSS,E|CES,GPEN,OSWP,Server+,LPT,GCIH,E|CIH,E|CSA
    Word to poster:

Do not disclose actual test questions here! You technically are breaking the NDA by posting this!
    2018: ICND2,E|CSP,CISSP,CCNA-Security,CSA+,eCRE.CAST 611,CWNA, Start SANS Graduate Certificate PenTesting
    2019: CCSK, JNCIA,SANS Graduate Certificate PenTesting,eLearnSecurity courses
    2020:LPIC-2,SANS Graduate Certificate PenTesting
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, CompTIA Security +
    Quote Originally Posted by johndabomb44 View Post
    Definitely one of the harder CompTIA tests. First time doing this one.
    The problem is it doesn't specify GRUB Legacy or GRUB2 so how the hell am I supposed to know what it wants?
    I just took mine last week and failed with a 480, So I know your pain. For the most part, from what I saw, it is nothing like the A+, Net+, or Sec+. And rightfully so, My mentors from WGU warned me this would be a rough one. Now that we know what it looks like as a whole, we can plan accordingly. I myself only had a few fill in the blanks, and they were simple. Linux Academy was helpful up until a certain point (I believe like domain 2). And the reading material provided by WGU was fairly full of useless information. I have skimmed the domains again, took a look at the CBT nuggets videos and am ready to take my next attempt next week, just brushing up on some testing styles of the LPIC-1/Linux+ 103.

I see you have many certs, just like those, keep at it. Many people I hear fail this one often.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    Yeah, I'm retaking it this Thursday morning coming up. It boils down to preparation but I also didn't respect the test either.

"Oh, only need like a 63% or so to pass, this will be easy!"; I said as $180 of my own money went to nothing.

Good luck to you too as well!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    LPIC-1, SCLA, Linux+, Network+, VCA-DCV, CWTS, ITIL, BAIS, ZCNP
    How did you get on with the retake?
    Life's a cert
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    I passed with flying colors on the retake: I did a ton of Linux Academy labs and luckily I was only asked one fill-in-the-blank question (as opposed to 10+ my first take).

Working on my LX0-104 test now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks