+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    553

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagged View Post
    I took it yesterday and the beta is obviously in the final stages. Comments were disabled and the questions were free of the typos and syntax errors that show up in the beginning of a beta. They are just getting the last few takers to have a large enough pool to figure out the scoring.
    The comments section was disabled for me as well back in July.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    151

    Certifications
    CISSP, CCNA, Linux+, Security+, MCP, CNA, A+, Network+
    #27
    I took the Linux+ beta today. 130 questions to be completed within 120 minutes. I didn't have a chance to study before the exam, but that's probably just as well, since the topics were all very basic. If anyone has a voucher, and is torn on whether to take the exam, go for it. Basic Linux skills will carry you through on the majority of the questions.

    Comments were disabled for me as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    553

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by UnixGeek View Post
    I took the Linux+ beta today. 130 questions to be completed within 120 minutes. I didn't have a chance to study before the exam, but that's probably just as well, since the topics were all very basic. If anyone has a voucher, and is torn on whether to take the exam, go for it. Basic Linux skills will carry you through on the majority of the questions.

    Comments were disabled for me as well.
    I assume by your nickname, you probably did very well on this exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member rfult001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    408

    Certifications
    A few...
    #29
    Since I like to do everything last second, I am taking this on Saturday morning. See you at the results post in a few months.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    151

    Certifications
    CISSP, CCNA, Linux+, Security+, MCP, CNA, A+, Network+
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by matradley View Post
    I assume by your nickname, you probably did very well on this exam.
    I hope so, otherwise I'm going to be eating crow in a few months. It occurred to me after I clicked submit that I might have had a different view on the exam's difficulty level had it been Windows centric. Still, I was somehow expecting the questions to be harder than they were.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    553

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    #31
    I should note that the Linux+ cut score is this week. How long do you think until we know results?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member MentholMoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,550
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by matradley View Post
    I should note that the Linux+ cut score is this week. How long do you think until we know results?
    No idea when, but hopefully it's soon, I've been waiting for my results since April!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    553

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by MentholMoose View Post
    No idea when, but hopefully it's soon, I've been waiting for my results since April!!
    Aren't you the patient one?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. BOBBY_TABLES RobertKaucher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lebanon, Ohio - USA
    Posts
    4,274

    Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by matradley View Post
    Aren't you the patient one?
    I'll start checking the Prometric site on a daily basis as of next week. This is what I hate about beta exams. I am fairly certain I did not pass this, which makes it even wors for me....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Springville IN
    Posts
    3,099

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, MCDST, MCP, HDI/HDA, HDI/CSS
    #35
    which makes it even wors for me....
    ..I am not very confident on my results either.

    I would estimate a return the last of November at the earliest. CompTIA seems slow, but, I think that they just want to be sure that their "ducks are in a row."....take the new certification confirmation site, for example! After I finally got back in, it appears to be a good setup.
    Last edited by janmike; 10-22-2009 at 03:41 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    553

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    #36
    Quote Originally Posted by janmike View Post
    ..I am not very confident on my results either.

    I would estimate a return the last of November at the earliest. CompTIA seems slow, but, I think that they just want to be sure that their "ducks are in a row."....take the new certification confirmation site, for example! After I finally got back in, it appears to be a good setup.
    No, the amount of time they took to bring the database back on was unprofessional. Otherwise, yes, CompTIA is very slow.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member MentholMoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,550
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertKaucher View Post
    I'll start checking the Prometric site on a daily basis as of next week. This is what I hate about beta exams. I am fairly certain I did not pass this, which makes it even wors for me....
    You can stop checking their site for a while. I emailed the person who sent me the voucher and she said the results will be available in January!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    553

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by MentholMoose View Post
    You can stop checking their site for a while. I emailed the person who sent me the voucher and she said the results will be available in January!!
    They are certainly planning to take their time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks