+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Linux+ Beta

Certifications
    BS: IT, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA, MCTIP:SA, MCTS, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+, CIW Professional
    I got an email from Comptia indicating that the results are not final and were sent out by mistake. Looks like we will have to be patient and see what happens.....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
    Quote Originally Posted by matradley View Post
    I know that this topic has gone cold. However, anyone want to have bets on when the results might become available? I am thinking late January.
    I was told January by a CompTIA employee (the person who sent the voucher code to me).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    Quote Originally Posted by MentholMoose View Post
    I was told January by a CompTIA employee (the person who sent the voucher code to me).
    I received the same info from CompTIA. I was just thinking about how late in January we might receive the news.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

I received the same info from CompTIA. I was just thinking about how late in January we might receive the news.
    In that case, considering that it's already taken forever to get the results, I'll also say late January.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by novovictus View Post
    i think it is more a prometric thing jumping the gun. i have yet to have any contact from comptia/prometric about linux+.
    I don't believe prometric could have jumped the gun unless Comptia messed up first by sending them incorrect data.

I think this really is poorly done on Comptia's part. First they had the issues with their system being down for months and now this... I will certainly have to strongly consider any certifications I may wish to get with them in the future.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, JNCIP-ENT, JNCIS-SP, JNCIA, JNCDA, CCNA, CCNA:Security, MCP, A+, N+, L+, MST:InfoSec, CNSS 4011-4015
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertKaucher View Post
    I don't believe prometric could have jumped the gun unless Comptia messed up first by sending them incorrect data.

I think this really is poorly done on Comptia's part. First they had the issues with their system being down for months and now this... I will certainly have to strongly consider any certifications I may wish to get with them in the future.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    I am sort of curious why it takes about half of a year to produce a new exam. I can understand a couple of months, but 6 months?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    I do not like to double post, but this is worth an extra post. PearsonVUE released the Linux+ results it seems (I passed). I am not sure if they are valid, but is nice to see. lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    I will not believe my results 100% until I see it on the CompTIA site. SO far I have only my Sec+ listed there.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    I will not believe my results 100% until I see it on the CompTIA site. SO far I have only my Sec+ listed there.
    You never know what is going on. They could be releasing some valid results now as we head towards January. I think that those who have "passed" will probably remain passed. Those who failed might have a redeeming chance. Odds are the results must be near valid now as PearsonVUE does not release results early like Prometric.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member
    Hi..
    I am still waiting for my result... lets hope for the best...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    You never know what is going on. They could be releasing some valid results now as we head towards January. I think that those who have "passed" will probably remain passed. Those who failed might have a redeeming chance. Odds are the results must be near valid now as PearsonVUE does not release results early like Prometric.
    I agree, but having some sort of snafu come up would not surprise me either... I've put it on my cert list, but I really want to see it on CompTIA before I say for sure.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

This may be a bit off-topic, but does anyone know of any published books that include the updated material yet?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Amazon.com: linux+ 2009

Many of these are slated for late Dec so they should be out before the test!

Looks like the second one was published last October.
    Last edited by RobertKaucher; 12-14-2009 at 12:21 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member

Certifications
    Amazon.com: linux+ 2009

Many of these are slated for late Dec so they should be out before the test!

Looks like the second one was published last October.
    Second publishing already? Or second book to publish for the Linux+ 2009 edition? I think it would be hillarious if it were the second release of the book for an exam that has not been released yet!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks