+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MentholMoose View Post
    What study material did you use?
    I recall browsing the objectives (I think the 2009 objectives were published?), but I didn't actually have time to study for it -- I think I was in with the last batch of people to receive an invite. I was wrapped up with being out of town for work, and class had just started up. Amid all that I wasn't in the mood to study hehe, just wanted to see what the exam was like. I apparently touched on enough of the exam topics through work and recreational use to get through with a decent score. There were some questions I had no idea about, like pointed questions about configuration file directives for particular programs that I have never had the need to use.

The e-mail that was sent to me made it seem like they were trying to instill a sense of urgency in prospective test-takers (something about only a certain number of people would get to take it). So, of course, I scheduled it right away. I figured most people would be doing this and wouldn't have time to properly study for the exam. It turns out I think any potential study time for me would have been wasted, when it comes to the score -- most of the stuff I think I missed I would not have thought to memorize for use limited to just this exam in my foreseeable future.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    MCSA:2008, VCP4/5, CCA (XS), MCITP: EA/VA, MCSE, MCSA, Linux+, Security+, Server+, A+
    Oh good my Linux+ scores came in. Pass! Pulled an 815. Not quite as good as the Server+ but I believe that's the exact same score that I did for the Security+ way back when.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    Quote Originally Posted by undomiel View Post
    Oh good my Linux+ scores came in. Pass! Pulled an 815. Not quite as good as the Server+ but I believe that's the exact same score that I did for the Security+ way back when.
    Awesome work. I hope VUE sends me my grades soon.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP R&S, JNCIP-ENT, JNCIS-SP, JNCDS-DC, JNCIA, JNCDA, CCNA, CCNA:Security, MCP, A+, N+, L+, MST:InfoSec, CNSS 4011-4015
    Woohoo scraped by with a 750...not bad for only 2 hours of study!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by Met44 View Post
    I recall browsing the objectives (I think the 2009 objectives were published?), but I didn't actually have time to study for it -- I think I was in with the last batch of people to receive an invite. I was wrapped up with being out of town for work, and class had just started up. Amid all that I wasn't in the mood to study hehe, just wanted to see what the exam was like. I apparently touched on enough of the exam topics through work and recreational use to get through with a decent score. There were some questions I had no idea about, like pointed questions about configuration file directives for particular programs that I have never had the need to use.

The e-mail that was sent to me made it seem like they were trying to instill a sense of urgency in prospective test-takers (something about only a certain number of people would get to take it). So, of course, I scheduled it right away. I figured most people would be doing this and wouldn't have time to properly study for the exam. It turns out I think any potential study time for me would have been wasted, when it comes to the score -- most of the stuff I think I missed I would not have thought to memorize for use limited to just this exam in my foreseeable future.
    I also scheduled it immediately after receiving the voucher, so I actually took the exam in April!! I didn't study at all... this is the first exam I've taken cold. I passed Linux+ in 2005, and at that time I used the Sybex book.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    I achieved a score of 790. A pass is a pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    N+, L+, LPIC-2
    It's 820 for me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. aka KitKatNinja

Certifications
    Alot - Microsoft, Citrix, HP, Apple, Comptia and VMWare
    529 for me, but then again I'm a MS person not a Linux person

-Ken
    Reply With Quote Quote