+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 First 12 345 Last
Results 26 to 50 of 116
  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,015
    #26
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,015
    #27
    These three got here today (very fast!!!). The last one was from a private seller so it may take some time. I need to do some cramming for the CCNA:S on Saturday but then after that, it will be full steam ahead for S+/L+.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Springville IN
    Posts
    3,099

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, MCDST, MCP, HDI/HDA, HDI/CSS
    #28
    I hate to sound fickle, but I am back in! CompTIA gave us back our lifetime certs, so I put them back in my TechExams profile, and I guess I will get to get a chance to add Linux+ before I forget how to click my mouse!

    I complained here and I complained there, and I ended up sending CompTIA 2 emails in protest, so I guess I need to honor my commitment.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,015
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by janmike View Post
    I hate to sound fickle, but I am back in! CompTIA gave us back our lifetime certs, so I put them back in my TechExams profile, and I guess I will get to get a chance to add Linux+ before I forget how to click my mouse!

    I complained here and I complained there, and I ended up sending CompTIA 2 emails in protest, so I guess I need to honor my commitment.
    Oh you are very fickle . But welcome back. What test are you going to do (2004 or 2009)?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Springville IN
    Posts
    3,099

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, MCDST, MCP, HDI/HDA, HDI/CSS
    #30
    Quote Originally Posted by knwminus View Post
    Oh you are very fickle . But welcome back. What test are you going to do (2004 or 2009)?
    I have lots of study material for the 2004, so I imagine that I will continue with that. I took the 2009 beta, did not pass, but I did surprise myself. But, I think that the 2004 will stand good for me in my own situation.

    I do run a couple of Linux boxes now, and have learned a lot, but now it's time to really soak up the study materials!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Medellin
    Posts
    163

    Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    #31
    I would be studying for Linux+ but since CompTIA's certificate now expires it justs makes no sense...

    I think is better to go for LPI or RHCT and RHCE, dont you think?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,015
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by maumercado View Post
    I would be studying for Linux+ but since CompTIA's certificate now expires it justs makes no sense...

    I think is better to go for LPI or RHCT and RHCE, dont you think?
    Did you hear the news about that?

    Press Releases > CompTIA Certification Renewal Policy Clarified

    For the record, Linux+ was never on the expire list.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Springville IN
    Posts
    3,099

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, MCDST, MCP, HDI/HDA, HDI/CSS
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by maumercado View Post
    I would be studying for Linux+ but since CompTIA's certificate now expires it justs makes no sense...

    I think is better to go for LPI or RHCT and RHCE, dont you think?
    The present certificate holders for CompTIA certs, are now holders of lifetime certifications.
    The word came out today, and I just received an email to this effect myself.

    After January 1, 2011, all who receive a new CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+ certificate will receive a certifciate that expires in 3 years if there is not some renewal action followed. But, If you hold one of these certs now, it never expires. So far, nothing has been said about the Linux+, or any other CompTIA certificate, only the 3 I named.

    Good luck on whatever you decide.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Medellin
    Posts
    163

    Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by knwminus View Post
    Did you hear the news about that?

    Press Releases > CompTIA Certification Renewal Policy Clarified

    For the record, Linux+ was never on the expire list.
    hhehehe I was about to post that..

    Well linux+ it is... and then LPI hehee
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,015
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by maumercado View Post
    hhehehe I was about to post that..

    Well linux+ it is... and then LPI hehee
    Cool. When are you starting?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Junior Member colt8931's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1

    Certifications
    MCP(70-290), Security+
    #36

    Talking I'm also in

    I just bought the Syngress Comptia Linux+ Certification Study Guide (Exam XK0-003) Brian Barber and Cbt Nuggets Intermediate to Advanced Linux Series video. I'm hoping to study about 3-4 hours daily and hopefully be ready by the end of March.

    Good luck to all.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,015
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by colt8931 View Post
    I just bought the Syngress Comptia Linux+ Certification Study Guide (Exam XK0-003) Brian Barber and Cbt Nuggets Intermediate to Advanced Linux Series video. I'm hoping to study about 3-4 hours daily and hopefully be ready by the end of March.

    Good luck to all.
    We have the very same material (even down to the CBT nuggets) and around the same test dates. Cool, and good luck to you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17

    Certifications
    RHCSA, Linux+, LPIC-1
    #38

    Default Linux +

    I Purchased the Syngress Comptia Linux+ Certification Study Guide (Exam XK0-003) Brian Barber awhile back and purchased Linux + 11th hour a week ago. I also have been going to college taking various linux classes. I read the syngress book for days back and forth and used VBOX for a playground to practice linux (Fedora and OpenSuse). I also purchased CBT nuggets which I have been enjoying and it doesn't put me to sleep like the rest. I wanted to go take my CompTIA Linux + exam this past Wednesday, But the XK0-003 is not available yet.

    So I continue to study Linux and the LPIC Exam Cram book in the meantime.

    Good luck to all!

    -L8
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,015
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Linux00800 View Post
    I Purchased the Syngress Comptia Linux+ Certification Study Guide (Exam XK0-003) Brian Barber awhile back and purchased Linux + 11th hour a week ago. I also have been going to college taking various linux classes. I read the syngress book for days back and forth and used VBOX for a playground to practice linux (Fedora and OpenSuse). I also purchased CBT nuggets which I have been enjoying and it doesn't put me to sleep like the rest. I wanted to go take my CompTIA Linux + exam this past Wednesday, But the XK0-003 is not available yet.

    So I continue to study Linux and the LPIC Exam Cram book in the meantime.

    Good luck to all!

    -L8
    The syngress book seems to be picking up steam, hopefully we will see some passes within the next few months. Good luck to you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    17

    Certifications
    RHCSA, Linux+, LPIC-1
    #40
    Quote Originally Posted by knwminus View Post
    The syngress book seems to be picking up steam, hopefully we will see some passes within the next few months. Good luck to you.
    It seems this is the only book available for XK0-003 at present time. I like the book, just hope it helps out a lot with the test. But I have been using plenty of different books and references through out the past year, as well as some courses. Will keep everyone posted.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,015
    #41
    Quote Originally Posted by knwminus View Post
    This book is here now. I saved 25 dollars by getting it used and it looks great. I plan to start my linux studies this weekend but it will be secondary studies, at least until feb 9th when I kill the CCNA:S. At any rate the gang is all here so No more excuses. Anyone else going for this?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Senior Member impelse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,211

    Certifications
    CISSP, CEHv7, CCNA, Security+ 70-290, 70-291 CCNA:S
    #42
    I need to do linux+ but after CCNA:S I will shut windows 7 to complete my MCSA 2003
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,015
    #43
    Quote Originally Posted by impelse View Post
    I need to do linux+ but after CCNA:S I will shut windows 7 to complete my MCSA 2003
    290 291 680 are my plans for the MCSA. Are you going to go for the MCSA:S?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Senior Member impelse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,211

    Certifications
    CISSP, CEHv7, CCNA, Security+ 70-290, 70-291 CCNA:S
    #44
    Nop, just the MCSA and Linux+, after that I am not sure about CCSP or CEH
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,015
    #45
    Quote Originally Posted by impelse View Post
    Nop, just the MCSA and Linux+, after that I am not sure about CCSP or CEH
    Cool. I plan to do what is in my sig (thanks to some added responsibilities from the higher ups at work).

    May I ask what kind of work you are doing just curious.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Senior Member impelse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,211

    Certifications
    CISSP, CEHv7, CCNA, Security+ 70-290, 70-291 CCNA:S
    #46
    Network admin for a small company. So I have to have differents hats.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,015
    #47
    Quote Originally Posted by impelse View Post
    Network admin for a small company. So I have to have differents hats.

    Cool. I would like to be a network admin but I know I need to work my way up. That is why I want to earn my MCSA this year, not because of the fact that I want to be a MS jockey but because I want to get my resume out their for Network Tech roles.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. Senior Member impelse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,211

    Certifications
    CISSP, CEHv7, CCNA, Security+ 70-290, 70-291 CCNA:S
    #48
    I thinks it is much better to work at the beginning with a small company because you can work with anything and it is not mission critical.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5,015
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by impelse View Post
    I thinks it is much better to work at the beginning with a small company because you can work with anything and it is not mission critical.
    Well I basically don't get to work with anything. The company I work for only lets us clear counters and run most show commands. When I was hired I was told we would be assisting with server roll outs, provisioning routers and that kind of stuff but we are basically glorified ticket makers . But I am happy to be employed, it just makes me feel useless and makes me feel like I am not gaining any skills.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. Senior Member impelse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,211

    Certifications
    CISSP, CEHv7, CCNA, Security+ 70-290, 70-291 CCNA:S
    #50
    Keep going, after your CCNA:S and the linux+ that you will make you will be in a good shape to land a more active job
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 First 12 345 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks