+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Certifications
    Bachelors in IT,Network+
    Well I just finished my Redhat course this semester and since I made a 97 in the class I'll be getting a free RHCT voucher. The only problem is that I most likely won't be able to make it to my university where it is offered
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
    Quote Originally Posted by exampasser View Post
    Well I just finished my Redhat course this semester and since I made a 97 in the class I'll be getting a free RHCT voucher. The only problem is that I most likely won't be able to make it to my university where it is offered
    The exam costs $400 so I suggest you make every effort to make it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+,Net+,MCTS 70-620, MCITP:EST 70-622
    Quote Originally Posted by janmike View Post
    Yes! the payoff is worth the effort.
    I know, the community college im at lets me substitute my certs for comp classes, so If I get it finished in summer I wont have to take linux class in fall semester and that will save me alot of time and money lol and then I can take some other classes instead. Ugh need to get off my lazy butt!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A few
    I've been wondering this for a little while now...will the current LPI books be used for the new Linux+ or will anything be updated. *hoping that my Sybex LPI book will be enough*
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member
    There was a good post summing up the lpic-1 here Passed 102!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by MentholMoose View Post
    This is getting complicated. I wonder how it affects people who passed the Linux+ 2009 beta (XK1-003). Hopefully I get credit for LPIC-1 and the CLA!
    After a month I finally got a reply from CompTIA. The XK1-003 won't give you credit for LPIC-1, you have to go through the new two exam format.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    Finally getting back to thinking about LPIC again.

I am going to pick up the new LPIC book when it comes but until then I will use the sygress Linux+ guide (which apparently sucks Amazon.com: LPIC-1: Linux Professional Institute Certification Study Guide: (Exams 101 and 102) (9780470404836):…) and the Linux Admin a Beginners guide. I will start tracking my progress here, again....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CEHv7, CCNA, Security+ 70-290, 70-291 CCNA:S
    Good. Keep going.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Just curious, how respected is this cert? I have a little bit of linux in my background but don't use it on a day to day basis (probably not even week to week or month to month). I considered studying up to get this cert just to have it and to add some extra broadness to my background. Do you think it is worth it?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    Just curious, how respected is this cert? I have a little bit of linux in my background but don't use it on a day to day basis (probably not even week to week or month to month). I considered studying up to get this cert just to have it and to add some extra broadness to my background. Do you think it is worth it?
    Meh...

In some circles it is known by name. In others it is known by association (A+, Net+, Sec+). Now that the Linux+ is the LPIC-1 I think it will be more respected (at least material wise). I think if you want to go into linux for certify in linux to add to an existing skill set it is ok. There are more respected linux certs out there (mainly RHCT/E) but this is an ok start.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by knwminus View Post
    Meh...

In some circles it is known by name. In others it is known by association (A+, Net+, Sec+). Now that the Linux+ is the LPIC-1 I think it will be more respected (at least material wise). I think if you want to go into linux for certify in linux to add to an existing skill set it is ok. There are more respected linux certs out there (mainly RHCT/E) but this is an ok start.
    Like I said, its not something I really use much, but I think its great to have the skill. And there isn't a much better way to prove you have a skill than to be certified with it.

I don't really know much about any other linux certs. Could you provide a link?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member
    here is a good link:

Linux Certification FAQ
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by knwminus View Post
    here is a good link:

Linux Certification FAQ
    Thanks for the link, I'll take a look.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Default Linux+/Security+ push

So in a few weeks (more than likely the first week of June) I am going to start making a push to picking up the Security+ and the Linux+/LPIC-1. I think I can pick up the Security+ by the end of June (I started reading Darrils book before but I need to pick it back up tonight). I would like to take the LXO - 001 and 002 at the end of July and August respectively. Anyone down for a study group for either or both?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member

Certifications
    RHCSA, Linux+, LPIC-1
    Quote Originally Posted by exampasser View Post
    Which Redhat course did you take?

So are the xk0-003 books irrevlevant? I bought both the book and the study guide... Guess I'll be purchasing another new book.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP , MCTS, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA

Default Linux xko-003

I want to study any body who have materials please assist i can't seem to get material for this new xko-003 i always see material for xko-101 and xko-002 i don't know if is not officialy released or not.
    Last edited by Bulletz; 01-16-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Social Networking & Bookmarks