+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+,Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA
    I used the "CompTIA Linux+ Complete Study Guide: Exams LX0-101 and LX0-10" By Roderick W Smith"

I currently run Ubuntu as my main OS at home, and had Virtualbox running various other Linux flavours, such as CentOS, and Fedora core, for the red hat side of things.

I studied quite hard for 3 months.

There is a significant amount of networking involved, which is why if you have already done Network+ as they suggest, a chapter or so is re-reading what you have already learned!

Incidentally, the CompTIA certification finally turned up just last week!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    BS: IT, CCNA, CCENT, CCDA, MCTIP:SA, MCTS, MCSA, MCP, A+, Network+, CIW Professional
    Very nice. I plan on doing Linux + towards the end of this year.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Default question

Hey les1977 and gz on you passing LPIC1/CompTIA Linux+

I am about where you ware a few months ago , i started learning hardcore (at list for me ) 4h a day for about 2 weeks now first trough Linux essentials book(by Smith) and now at about 30% LPIC-1/CompTIA Linux+ Certification Guide etc by Robb Tracy .I decided to follow this path as i had almost no Linux xp or knowledge before(basicly i could operate in the desktop environment and knew the most used 10 linux cli commands). As soon as i finish with this book i plan to study from CompTIA Linux+ Complete Study Guide by Smith

I have 2 questions to ask you and anyone else that did pass this certification

- What you used to validate your knowledge for the exams ? When did you knew you ware ready for it? as oposed to just trying it and failing

- I have problems remembering commands + there various options , i read them and remember them 1-2 days and then ufff , there gone . How can i improve my long turn memory with commands and options (i do try them in the cli ofc but this does not seem to be enough)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    Network+; Linux+; CCNA; RHCSA; Security+; ITIL-F
    Your best bet is to check the exam objectives given by compTia. You can find them on the CompTia website. What I find is quite helpful is to put the list in a spreadsheet, and colour-code them according to how comfortable I feel (e.g. red for unknown, orange for having read through, green for comfortable, or blue for either expert or ignoring - i.e. no further study necessary).

This gives you a good dash of how far you are and how much more you need to know.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks