+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012/2016, BTEC Level 2 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence

Default Exam 70-743: Upgrade from MCSA: 2012 to 2016

Hi all,

I passed my 70-412 and gained my MCSA in Windows Server 2012 last week, and I'm looking to further expand my knowledge by doing the upgrade exam to Windows Server 2016, the college I do my apprenticeship with can give me the exams for half the price and for the sake of Ł50, I might as well get it to add another MCSA to my transcript.

Has anyone done the upgrade? - I just want to know what people's take on it is etc, is it harder than 410, 411 or 412?

Any information you guys can give me would be of great appreciation

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCSE: Servers, Sec +, MCITP:DBA 2008, MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014
    I purchased the Microsoft Exam Prep books, unfortunately i haven't had much of a chance to review them.
    2017 Goals - MCSA SQL 2016 Database Administration, MCSA Windows Server 2016
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012/2016, BTEC Level 2 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
    Quote Originally Posted by nachodba View Post
    I purchased the Microsoft Exam Prep books, unfortunately i haven't had much of a chance to review them.
    Thanks for the reply. I've purchased the 70-743 Exam Ref book, but not really one for reading. My hands on experience is a bit limited so would like to work on that more than anything. Any good suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA Sec, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CISSP
    Grab an evaluation copy and get some hands on.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/eval...s-server-2016/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by alan2308 View Post
    Grab an evaluation copy and get some hands on.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/eval...s-server-2016/
    Thanks Alan. Do you know of any places where I can do Lab Exercises? Virtual Labs is good but doesn't cover a majority.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    LPIC-1, Linux+, SUSE CLA, MCP, VCA6-DCV
    https://itpro.tv/ Premium Subscription included "Practice Labs" labs for their courses. Also included Transcender practice tests.

https://itpro.tv/plans/

You can find 30% discount here:
    http://join.itpro.tv/promo30/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    There's a lot of step by step guides here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ws-server-2016 I used the 2012 equivalents heavily when I did the MSCA 2012 update

Google around, you'll find a lot of others as well. "Step by Step guides" is what'll get you good hits.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Perfect. Thank you for your help guys. I will have a look

Has anyone took 70-743 yet?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, MSISA, BSBA
    Quote Originally Posted by djrabes View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I've purchased the 70-743 Exam Ref book, but not really one for reading. My hands on experience is a bit limited so would like to work on that more than anything. Any good suggestions?
    In addition to what alan recommended, I would use AWS/Azure to set up a lab. Can build the entire infrastructure right there.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, GCIA, GSEC, CEHv8, CHFIv8, ITIL-F, BSBA - University of Florida, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: MS Cybersecurity, Learning Python
    Next Up:​ None
    Reading:​ Python Crash Course
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoCal19 View Post
    In addition to what alan recommended, I would use AWS/Azure to set up a lab. Can build the entire infrastructure right there.
    What would you recommend to create in Azure? - The trial of Azure is fairly limited in what sort of machines and services I can run.
    Last edited by djrabes; 07-31-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Azure is a good point. I believe the exam topics to have a bit of Azure here and there.

As far as what to do, there's not a lot you need to know for the MCSA 2016 I believe. Learn the interface, how to to the basic things. Build a VM, build a container. Maybe move VMs and containers from Hyper-V to Azure and vice versa. ADFS between Azure and your lab domain.

Give me a little bit to dig it up, I've got a few sources where you can get trial time on Azure.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Thank you very much Any resource is grateful.
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
    Studying: Exam 70-698: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
    Want: MCSA: Windows 10, MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Exam 70-744: Securing Windows Server 2016), Network+, Security+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I'm taking the upgrade exam in September. How much different is the exam to the 3 2012 R2 exams I took?

Am I looking at about 50 odd questions?
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
    Studying: Exam 70-698: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
    Want: MCSA: Windows 10, MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Exam 70-744: Securing Windows Server 2016), Network+, Security+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks