+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+

Default Need training recommendations MCSA Server 2016

I want to get my certification in MCSA Server 2016, what are some of the better training materials?

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSA:Windows 10, MCP, Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation 2011
    What path are you taking, fresh on Sever 2016 or coming from Server 2012 cert?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012/2016, BTEC Level 2 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
    Quote Originally Posted by malachi1612 View Post
    What path are you taking, fresh on Sever 2016 or coming from Server 2012 cert?
    I would say fresh looking at the user's certification info.

I recommend Pluralsight and/or CBT Nuggets. Lab like crazy and make sure you understand it.
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
    Studying: Exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices
    Want: MCSA: Windows 10, MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Exam 70-744: Securing Windows Server 2016), Network+, Security+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    yep, fresh, Ok thanks djrabes, ill look into those.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

I'm combining the MS Exam Ref guides plus CBT Nuggets, personally.
    Desktop: MCSE: Mobility | Server: MTA | Cloud: None | Networking: MTA
    Security: None | Linux: None | Service Management: ITIL 2011: Foundation
    Currently Studying: 70-740 - Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2016
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSA: Server 2012/2016, MCSE: CP&I
    I wouldn't recommend the Exam Ref as an end all, exhaustive resource. If you use that book, use it as an overview to help you cut your teeth.

For my 2016 upgrade I used the Server 2016 Inside and Out book. It isn't as good as I'd like it to be but it does cover the content pretty well. Combine that with Pluralsight and Technets and you should be able to cover most of the content in sufficient depth. Don't forget to lab. Microsoft loves throwing stuff at you that you will really only encounter if you lab.
    2017 Goals: MCSA : Server 2016; MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure BOTH COMPLETED!
    2018 Goals: Security+
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSA:Windows 10, MCP, Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation 2011
    I passed my 70-740 6 weeks ago. For that exam I used CBT Nuggets, Pluralsight, Technet and the Exam Ref. I usually don't bother with the exam ref but there wasn't any other books at the time when I started studying for it in July. Maybe abit of a overkill but networking isnt my strongest point.

Now Im studying for my 70-741, only using CBT Nuggets, Technet and MCSA 70-741 Cert Guide: Networking with Windows Server 2016 By Michael S. Schulz.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks