+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Angry Failed 70-740 today 624/700

Ugh I am so embarrassed and ashamed. I don't think I was as prepared as I should have been for the exam. I watched the Udemy videos they were helpful in the wide overview. I also user MesureUP in study mode. That helped quite a bit actually. I didn't feel 100% confident on the storage and VM migration questions.

Ugh was so close. Would have been nice to crest the 700.

Im trying to figure out how to recover and feel more confident and re-take the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, ITIL v3, MCSA:2008/2012, MCITP:EDST/EDA
    Don't be embarrassed. Microsoft exams are hard.

Did you do any labbing?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    yeah I did, plus ima sys admin. Didnt focus on Docker enough and containers. those I was lost in. Powershell im ok in. Its just a couple tripped me up then I paniced.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSA:Windows 10, MCP, Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation 2011
    Docker and containers were a pain for me. A small percentage in the exam objectives but i saw a lot of questions when I did the exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member
    thats the truth. most material I saw was like know what it is....but that's is about it. The exam however, KNOW how to use it!! It was covered in more depth than I expected.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Self-Described Huguenot blargoe's Avatar

Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA; VCP 3/4/5/6 (DCV); MCSA 2012; MCSE:M 2000/2003; MCSE:S 2000/2003; MCTS:Exch2007; EMCSA:CLARiiON; Linux+; Security+; A+; CCNA (expired)
    I got burned on a 2012 R2 exam earlier in the year, not expecting to be tested much on a couple of what I considered minor feature updates, and I have been doing this for 17 years. Don't get down, it happens.

You absolutely must know any newly introduced features backwards and forwards it seems, and not assume each topic in the blueprint will be represented equally. Knowing the GUI (on which tabs to find which settings), command line (Powershell and other) of common tasks with options, and how to think through the process flow of how certain tasks associated with a feature work are essential for the drag and drop questions of these topics.

Preaching to the choir I know, now that you have experienced it for yourself.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 1/13/2018 - Passed Microsoft 70-411 - MCSA 2012 complete
    Working on: Because I am being forced to take 2016 training, the MCSA 2016 upgrade
    Future: More build/test/deploy automation skills; renew VCP due 2/2019
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Certified 100% Blue Agave Consumption Expert
    Order the 70-740 ebook from Amazon. You might as well order the 70-741 ebook too because that is the test that most people fail.

Read, read, read. Self test and then read some more. You can download the ISO with your Microsoft account and start tinkering.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member
    Sorry to hear. What score did you get?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSA 2003, MCTS: Exchange 2010, A+, Security+
    CBT Nuggets are a good resource for stuff you have no experience about...they hand hold you through labs as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks