+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, MCSE

Default Has anyone taken 70-298?

Has anyone taken 70-298 lately?

I was on the fence whether to take 70-297 or 70-298 to complete my MCSE. I figured I would go the security path since I already have Security+ and it would only take one more exam, 70-299. Is this a wise decision or just a waste of time?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Take 70-298. 297 is an EXTREMELY rough exam. I know ppl who know Server 2003 real well and can't pass that exam. A friend of mine comes to mind, Roger Grimes (instructor and author), he passed but I believe it took him a few shots at it. Not so much that it's material is hard, but the time you're given vs the time you need.

I never took 297 but thats what I was told. I did however take 70-298, it was actually the last exam I took to get my MCSE:Security (took 70-299 before 70-29 and it was tough in itself, but I passed it on my first try if I'm not mistaken (it was well over a year ago).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, MCSE
    I powered through the ExamCram2 and having very little trouble with thier case studies I scheduled the exam. After reading your post I may have taken the exam to lightly.

Oh well, wish me luck my exam is in 2 hours. tick tick tick.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Good luck. If i remember correctly and they haven't changed the format. Even with 70-298 you have very little time compared the 2000 equivalent, 70-220, with 70-220 you have way more time for each case study (I think it was a total of 4 hours for the whole exam).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA, MCSE
    Passed with plenty of room to spare. 70-298 was one of the most enjoyable tests yet. It's basically the high level security engineering aspect of 290, 291, 293, 294. I found a few tricky questions with the answer buried in the case study.

All in all, big fun.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    Nice! Congratulations.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+, MCSA 2k3
    nice job, this is one of the exams in my track, it's good to hear people talking about it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    OSCP, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, MCSA 2008, MCSE 2003: Security, MCDST, MCP, Security+, Network+, A+, Project+, CCENT, CCNA
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks