+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCP, CCNA

Default 70-298, 70-299 or ?

I need some advice on security exams for MCSE. I want to do OS hardening, which exams cover this topic?

Also any book recommendations?

cheers,

Dan.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSA 2000, MCSE 2003, Exchange 2000, CCNA, CCNA Security, CNE, A+, Network+, Security+
    For the security specialization, you have to take 298 (design a secure 2003 network) which is one of your 2 design choices for plain MCSE.

For your security elective, you must choose two of 299 (implement security on 2003 network), 227 (ISA 2000), 350 (ISA 2004), or Security+.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...server2003.asp

If you don't care about a security specialization, you can take 297 as your design choice, which is designing AD and network.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    I took 298, 299, and Sec+. In hindsight I wish I would have taken 350. ISA is some cool stuff and probably what I'll tackle next after Exchange.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    OSCP, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, MCSA 2008, MCSE 2003: Security, MCDST, MCP, Security+, Network+, A+, Project+, CCENT, CCNA
    Yeah I did 227 and after much thought I plan on doing Security+ after I complete the MCSE.

Quote Originally Posted by RTmarc
    I took 298, 299, and Sec+. In hindsight I wish I would have taken 350. ISA is some cool stuff and probably what I'll tackle next after Exchange.
    ISA is very cool and fun to learn. I did 227 because I found the Sybex study guide on Amazon for $3.00 used. That, plus I have all the ISA software at where I work. I was so thrilled with it, that I set up an ISA server to replace one of our firewalls that was a POS.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks