+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passed 70-351

Certifications
    CTL (Certified TechExam Lurker)

Default Passed 70-351

Well, I just did 70-351 and I passed with 942.
    It was harder than I tought, I was actually very surprised with my score.
    Being that there is no official training kit from microsoft and almost no books ou there, I just reviewed stuff from my 70-350 exam. Well I found out I did not study the right things
    There was almost only questions about VPN, a little bit of caching and and rules config , etc...
    The balance of the different subjects was way off, and many questions where very strangely asked.... Almost feeled like a beta exam !

Anyway, I'm very glad I passed and this just gave me 3 new certs :
    MCSE Security
    MCSA Security
    MCTS ISA2006, Configuring

Yay !
    I'm gonna have a few beers tonight !

As always, thanks to TE, and everyone here.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    JNCIP-SEC, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIA-JunOS, CCNA, CCENT, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, MCP, Network+, Security+

Default Re: Passed 70-351

Quote Originally Posted by doom969
    Well, I just did 70-351 and I passed with 942.
    It was harder than I tought, I was actually very surprised with my score.
    Being that there is no official training kit from microsoft and almost no books ou there, I just reviewed stuff from my 70-350 exam. Well I found out I did not study the right things
    There was almost only questions about VPN, a little bit of caching and and rules config , etc...
    The balance of the different subjects was way off, and many questions where very strangely asked.... Almost feeled like a beta exam !

Anyway, I'm very glad I passed and this just gave me 3 new certs :
    MCSE Security
    MCSA Security
    MCTS ISA2006, Configuring

Yay !
    I'm gonna have a few beers tonight !

As always, thanks to TE, and everyone here.
    glad I could be of service

congrats on the pass and please have a beer for me (no drinking until 291 is done... )
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CTL (Certified TechExam Lurker)
    Thank you,
    and no worries, i'll have that beer for you !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Default Question

would u mnd tell me 70-351 exam have how many questions need ans?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Congrats.

I may eventually do 70-351. I know know rules, web listeners, system policy rules, enterprise arrays, CARP, Intra Communications Array, NLB, etc...

I just haven't done any of the VPN stuff. I do know a little such as you can use either AD Group Lookups or Radius. That's about it.

Would you say all I would really have to learn is the VPN stuff and I should be good for the exam?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP: EA, EMA; MCSE 2000/2003: M; MCSE 2000: S; MCSA 2000/2003: S; MCTS: ISA 2006; VCP3/4
    Just setup a site to site VPN in a lab, Royal, and you'll do fine. Otherwise, just be familiar with basically how to setup different VPN scenarios. The VPN stuff is not hard at all. I never setup a VPN prior to taking the exam with ISA outside of a lab, and I did fine.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

The only reason I figured I would never do the ISA exam because I thought there would be stuff like Secure NAT, forward proxying, WPAD, BITS Caching, etc... None of that I even want to bother looking at. But I just looked up the requirements and it looks like none of that is in there. So I think just doing a quick learn on VPN and I should be good to go.

Thanks HP.

I wish I did 70-298 so I could just get my MCSE:S but my employer required me to do 70-297 due to us doing a lot of AD design. I did do 70-299 though and I remember a lot of the stuff with Radius, Policies, MS-CHAP v2 v1, SPAP, PAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-MSCHAP, PEAP, Access Point Security, Etc...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    BSc (Hons), MCSE 2k3: Security, MCTS, MCITP, CCNA R&S/Security/Wireless., Net+, Linux+, LPIC-1, Novell CLA, CEHv8, CREST CRT, OSCP, OSWP
    Just passed 70-351 with a nice score of 976, which has given me MCSA!

Like others on here, I just studied the 70-350 stuff.

On to MCSE now !!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks