+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Default I didn't let you down

It's OK buddy, I didn't let that voucher go to waste. I passed 70-351 with a "perfect" 700, just for you

I made a lot of stupid mistakes on this one. I realized early-on that not reviewing the system requirements was a bad idea. I primarily used ISA 2004 resources (Nuggets, Transcender, Syngress) because I heard it was essentially the same exam as the 2004 version. I assume this is the case since neither Transcender or CBT Nuggets (or anyone else from the looks of it) bothered to release updated products. However, I felt like I was not that well prepared for this one. I probably should have gone through the ISA 2006 Technet resources or found some other resource specific to 2006. I did get the 2006 Syngress book as well, but it was nearly identical to the 2004, and much shorter.

This exam also requires that you have cursorary knowledge of Exchange, Sharepoint, etc., so I would encourage beginners to become a little more experienced with various MS technologies before attempting this one.

The exam itself sucked on its own too though. Lots of trivia. You definitely want to be very familiar with the interface since you will get questions about crap like that. There was one question that literally had identical answers except for the phrasing of a button (and they were all synonyms). Weak.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. One Man Wolfpac NetAdmin2436's Avatar

Certifications
    AAS in Computer Networking, MCSE 2003, Network+, Security+, A+
    Dude, knock it off.

This is getting old telling you this but....Congrats.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    Quote Originally Posted by NetAdmin2436 View Post
    Dude, knock it off.

This is getting old telling you this but....Congrats.
    I know, I should just cache "Congrats dynamik!" somewhere so it will save me some typing!

Anywho...Congrats dynamik!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:CP&I, SI, MCITPx2, MCSAx2, MCTSx7, VCP6/5/4/3(DCV), EMCISA, Sec+, ITILv3F, legacy MS
    *sigh here we go again*

*cough* Congrats dynamik!!!

Seriously though, good job fella
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Psychotron Member Megadeth4168's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Server+,Project+,MCSE, CCNA:S, CISSP, CCNP, CEH, GCED
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCP XP | MCTS: Vista, 7, Hyper-V, AD-DS,2008 Network Infra. | MCITP:EST
    The problem I had is that first the voucher was given to someone who couldnt use it in the timeframe left, and then the voucher was given to someone who has SO many damn certs that his "certifications:" portion of his profile looks like an MD5 hash!!

Oh well atleast you passed
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    Giving aid based on actual need? Where does that happen!? It's all about who you know, dude!

Actually, I'm mid-divorce, a few weeks from being homeless, and have lost some hours at work, so things aren't particularly rosy over here.

I would have normally let that go to someone else.

It doesn't seem like you're doing too bad, so you're not going to get any sympathy from me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Questionably Benevolent Moderator Slowhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    A+, Linux+, Server+, Security+, MCSA 2003, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CCNA(expired), ITIL Foundation v3 (2011), VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WM
    Congratulations on the pass, buddy. Oh, and you're welcome, twice-removed.

-------------------------------------------------------
    ITHumidor.net - "Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis"

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Virtual Academy
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top 50 PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, MCP, MCSA, MCTS (620/642/680), MCDST, MCITP: EDST7
    Congrats and keep up the good work! Gives hope to those of us that are on the first part of the certificate treadmill.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Congrats on yet another pass.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCP XP | MCTS: Vista, 7, Hyper-V, AD-DS,2008 Network Infra. | MCITP:EST
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post
    Giving aid based on actual need? Where does that happen!? It's all about who you know, dude!

Actually, I'm mid-divorce, a few weeks from being homeless, and have lost some hours at work, so things aren't particularly rosy over here.

I would have normally let that go to someone else.

It doesn't seem like you're doing too bad, so you're not going to get any sympathy from me

In my defense i didnt know about the raise until after that voucher was given out.

In the end im just glad the voucher wasnt wasted.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    JNCIP-SEC, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIA-JunOS, CCNA, CCENT, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, MCP, Network+, Security+
    in 10 months time, you get ~3-5 exams in; maybe even more? Know what I got in that time? DRUNK!!!

seriously though congrats.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Questionably Benevolent Moderator Slowhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    A+, Linux+, Server+, Security+, MCSA 2003, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CCNA(expired), ITIL Foundation v3 (2011), VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WM
    Quote Originally Posted by snadam View Post
    in 10 months time, you get ~3-5 exams in; maybe even more? Know what I got in that time? DRUNK!!!
    Sounds like snadam and I take the same cert-classes.

ITHumidor.net - "Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis"

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Virtual Academy
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top 50 PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, JNCIP-ENT, JNCIS-SP, JNCIA, JNCDA, CCNA, CCNA:Security, MCP, A+, N+, L+, MST:InfoSec, CNSS 4011-4015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordus View Post
    the voucher was given to someone who has SO many damn certs that his "certifications:" portion of his profile looks like an MD5 hash!!
    You're thinking of astorrs not dyanmik
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shednik View Post
    You're thinking of astorrs not dyanmik
    Oh, SNAP!

It's true though...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Stop,Collaborate + Listen LarryDaMan's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CISA, PMP, FITSP-M, Security+, Network+, A+, (expired: CCNA, CCENT)
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post
    I'll trade you a house, job, and a slightly used wife...

Sometimes I think people who live in tiny cabins in the woods with no electricity have it right. Life is a grind and average people nowadays will not be able to retire until they're too old to go the bathroom by themselves. All this work and stress, for what? Material posessions and fancy meals?

After I finish my steak and check my new Blackberry, I am going to give this some serious thought.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryDaMan View Post

Sometimes I think people who live in tiny cabins in the woods with no electricity have it right. Life is a grind and average people nowadays will not be able to retire until they're too old to go the bathroom by themselves. All this work and stress, for what? Material posessions and fancy meals?

After I finish my steak and check my new Blackberry, I am going to give this some serious thought.
    I've been tempted to move up to VT & get a cabin in the woods & run away from it all...but then I remember I was born & raised in NYC and that I am not so fond of bugs and I really like flush toilets & electricity!

I have been known to occasionally go to VT and hang in a family cabin, and its always a welcome retreat. But then I am also very happy to return to my home with warm showers and electricity and the warm glowy glow of monitors/TVs...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryDaMan View Post

I agree. It's actually been a great opportunity to reevaluate my priorities. I could have divided our possessions equally, but I just let her keep all that crap because I was sick of the clutter. I'm definitely simplifying things from here on out. However, there's no need to take things to an extreme either. I'm totally going to use my iPhone to find a sushi place tonight
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    Congrats on the pass. sorry to hear about the other stuff.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks