+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics

Default Can you add Security onto an existing MCSA?

I currently have A+ Net+ and want to take 270, 290, and 291 to get MCSA before they start retiring test. I am also planning on taking the Security+ after that (because I want it before next year when it expires).

If I get MCSA, and then do Security+, do I get MCSA:Security?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    No, you need two security exams: Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)

Interesting that they added ISACA and (ISC)2 certs. That's definitely a recent change.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post
    No, you need two security exams: Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)

Interesting that they added ISACA and (ISC)2 certs. That's definitely a recent change.
    I noticed that a few weeks ago as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamik View Post

Ah, the 2 exams. Thanks. Now assuming I have got security+ and the other exam. Then I get the MCSA:Security?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISA,CISM,CISSP-ISSAP, CRISC,ITIL Expert (v3), MCITP:some,MCSE:S, MCSA:M,CCNA,JNCIA, TOGAF 8&9, MSP,Security+
    For info, you don't actually need any MS Security certs to get the MCSA:S - i.e. S+ and CISSP (or CISM/CISA in any combination) will work.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    SAS Certified Base Programmer, MCSE, MCSA:S, VCP, Sec+, Project+, Net+, A+, CIW Pro/Database, BS-IT
    270 (or one of the other client exams), 290, 291 and two security electives = MCSA:Security
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks