+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passed 70-298!

Talking Passed 70-298!

Hi All,

Just to let you know that i passed the 70-298 exam yesterday, so i am now an MCSE!

Its taken me 3 years to get to this point (And lets face it, you cant stop once the cap has opened)

A big thanks to those here for helping me out over the years, and for some (Sometimes crazy) enthusiasm.

I've decided to go and get the 70-351 exam so i get my MCSE:S then ill probably start working on the CCNA over the summer and then do the MCITP:EA track by the end of the year.

All in all? You havn't gotten rid of me yet!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    I have been waiting for this post! Congrats Wedge!! Excellent achievement!
    I presume this weekend

Well done buddy
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    Congrats, dude!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A/Net/Sec/Ser/Proj+, CIW, MCITP, MCSE, C|EH/CHFI, CISSP, CCSPA, CCENT, BS: IT-S, MSISA
    Congrats on your MCSE! you will find 351 a breeze after all your hard work!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    You'll probably find the MCITP a breeze, all you've gotta do is study the new technology.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV, CCNA R&S/SEC, MCSE 2016:CPI/MOB, MCSE 2012:SI, MCSA:WIN10/8, MCITP:EA/EMA, MCSE 2003:SEC, N+, A+, MBCS, BSc Hons

Default Hey

Congratulations Wedge!

I have 70-294 exam coming up and then onto 70-298. Once completed I have tried to decide on whether to upgrade and get the MCITP EA or get a CCNA then come back to the MCITP!!

If anybody has done an MCSE route and not touched any of the Cisco certs you will know what I mean when I say "I can't help feeling that doing a CCNA will really help slot the pieces of the puzzle together, to give me a bigger picture of I.T. infrastructure". You end up feeling a little bit in the dark when you do so much server related study and not much networking.

I know the MCSE has networking involved, but I mean router config, and that kind of stuff.

However on the other hand, once I have finished the MCSE +S route, as I already have the client exams under my belt, I was thinking, why not go straight for 70-649 and 70-647 to get the MCITP EA.

In terms of what I need for my job, I feel like I should have had both yesterday!

Anyway, again congrats Wedge! No doubt more of the good stuff to come by the sounds of your future certs, you listed!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    JNCIP-SEC, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIA-JunOS, CCNA, CCENT, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, MCP, Network+, Security+
    congrats wedge!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. SupremeNetworkOverlord Moderator Ahriakin's Avatar

Certifications
    CCIE #23276-Sec, JNCIE-Sec #105, TCSE #2343,MCSE 2003-Sec,LPIC-1
    Well done sir
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    RHCSA, JNCIA-Junos, CCNA, CCENT, MCSA (2K3), MCP, Security+, Network+, A+
    Awesome! Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member
    Omedetou gozaimasu
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    Nice job, congrats
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Thanks all, i appreciate it

I have been waiting for this post! Congrats Wedge!! Excellent achievement!
    I presume this weekend

Well done buddy
    Hell yeh, ill be adding a few pounds i think.. But ill run it off i swear

Congrats on your MCSE! you will find 351 a breeze after all your hard work!
    Yeh, I've been workin with ISA for a while now so all i really need to do is brush up on the Enterprise edition side, like CARP and clustering etc.

If anybody has done an MCSE route and not touched any of the Cisco certs you will know what I mean when I say "I can't help feeling that doing a CCNA will really help slot the pieces of the puzzle together, to give me a bigger picture of I.T. infrastructure". You end up feeling a little bit in the dark when you do so much server related study and not much networking.
    I feel it, you're not alone. I also believe that having something like the CCNA will benefit more than an MCITP:EA because it's digressing from microsoft. (What i mean is, you're broadening your skills) If you have an MCSE, im sure most people would be confident in you to perform server tasks, otherwise what the hell i have i been doing for the last 3 years?! lol.

Omedetou gozaimasu
    Doumo Arigatou Gozaimasu! (どうも ありがとうございます。)

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    JNCIP-SEC, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIA-JunOS, CCNA, CCENT, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, MCP, Network+, Security+
    I forgot to ask earlier; Out of sheer curiosity, what did you use for study material?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

I used the 70-299 book, along with transcender and some rough notes i made. (I wont be uploading them cause thyre not very good)

Don't get me wrong, the technical stuff isnt easy, but by this time i already knew 99% of it. If i were you i would concentrate on the style of the exam and learn to pick out the information you need because thats the hardest part of this exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge1988 View Post
    I used the 70-299 book, along with transcender and some rough notes i made. (I wont be uploading them cause thyre not very good)

Don't get me wrong, the technical stuff isnt easy, but by this time i already knew 99% of it. If i were you i would concentrate on the style of the exam and learn to pick out the information you need because thats the hardest part of this exam.

I chuckle because that's exactly what I am doing. Just glad to see that this method yields positive results for yet another person!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks