+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by geo455 View Post
    Got a 471. This is my first attempt at this test and I must say I don't have a clue as to how to take this test. I tried to follow the recommendations of most by reading the questions first. I just could not find the answers... Bad comprehension on my part I guess.... The technical stuff is not foreign to me I just could not concentrate. On the first case I had 6-7 minutes to read it and answer 5 questions....At that point I knew I failed...
    I wouldn't sit through the agony of this test again for $100. It's brutal. It sounds like your problem wasn't lack of knowledge, but lack of experience with the format. I know it's expensive, but I'd advise some practice test software. I used transcenders, and after rolling through a few of the case study's I wasn't so intimidated anymore.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    MCTS:AD MCSA 2000/2003: Messaging, A+, N+, Server+
    I'll bounce back. Fortunately I didn't have to pay for it this time. This was the one time I deviated from my studying routine by not having the transcender and it didn't pay off. I guess I will farm out the $139 and get it. Almost an MCSE today....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass. the timed tests take some getting used to. It helps to read the answers first, then read the bottom 2 or 3 lines of the information given. You would then skim through the rest of the information. All the information for the answer is given, but being timed it adds some stress in finding it. I had 2 of them where there were a couple of seconds left.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    I'll bounce back. Fortunately I didn't have to pay for it this time. This was the one time I deviated from my studying routine by not having the transcender and it didn't pay off. I guess I will farm out the $139 and get it. Almost an MCSE today....
    I bought the 30 day online access. I knew I would have it done by the time that ran out.

I'm a pretty superstitious person, so when I was taking these I wouldn't let the time run out on me. Maybe they deduct a point or something for not finishing? Plus it makes me feel better knowing that I submitted on my terms.
    Last edited by Devilsbane; 07-22-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    MCTS:AD MCSA 2000/2003: Messaging, A+, N+, Server+
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    I bought the 30 day online access. I knew I would have it done by the time that ran out.

I'm a pretty superstitious person, so when I was taking these I wouldn't let the time run out on me. Maybe they deduct a point or something for not finishing? Plus it makes me feel better knowing that I submitted on my terms.
    So what do you think? Should I study for and take the 299 test even though I don't need it? And as for strategy should I be reading the questions first along with the answers as well? I've got the Msoft Press books for 298 and 299 I guess I will go back and review.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    So what do you think? Should I study for and take the 299 test even though I don't need it? And as for strategy should I be reading the questions first along with the answers as well? I've got the Msoft Press books for 298 and 299 I guess I will go back and review.
    I have both books but never officially read the 298. I read the 299 cover to cover and reviewed some sections and then skimmed through a few parts in the 298. I also used the cbt nuggets for both exams and the transcenders for both exams.

I wouldn't say that you need the 299. In my mind I wanted to get the piece of paper since I was doing the study anyway. There are many different strategies and I used several on the test. Get some practice software and see which one works best for you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks