+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 12 3 Last

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonNOA1 View Post
    So you just studied more or got a better set of questions? Good job on that pass.
    A lot of the same questions actually. A couple of which I have since discovered the correct answers to and some that I had never remembered to go seek out the answer for but was able to answer more confidently from the extra study and practice.

I think the difference was knowledge vs understanding. I knew all of these things well enough that I could recognize which was the favorite under optimal circumstances. But I didn't have the complete understanding for when optimal conditions are not possible due to a bad policy or due to an incompatible infrastructure. The extra week of review helped to solidify that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DTA/DCA, VCP-5/DT, MCSA: 2008, MCITP: EA, MCTS x5, ITIL v3, MCSA: M, MS in Telecom Engg
    Nicely done and good luck with the other one on Monday!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Is it possible to get a commercial CA (such as verisign) to give you a certificate that you can use as a CA certificate to issue certificates?

I wouldn't think so, because now your enterprise would be allowed to create certificates that would be trusted by everyone. If you have bad policies in place and one of the certs you issued gets compromised, then Verisign could take a lot of heat on that.

But that is exactly what Transcender says to do.
    To support digitally signed e-mail transmissions for both local and Internet-based users, a commercially signed root certificate should be purchased.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    Congrats on passing! The biggest issue I had with the 298 was time. It helped to read the answers first, then work my way up in the question. Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Please welcome the newest member to club MCSE and to the 700 club!

This was by far the hardest test I've ever taken. I was expecting 4-5 testlets for a total of 40 questions or so. In actuallity, it was about double on both. Throughout the test I was quite confident that I had not only failed, but would never be able to pass it. When the score popped up I said aloud "oh my God". I used the full time on all of the testlets except maybe 1 or 2 where I had a minute or 2 to spare.

Treated myself to lunch and now at work for the last couple hours. Can't wait for my transcript to be updated with MCSE:Security!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE:S 2003
    Awesome job fellow 700 club & MCSE:S member! Feels great, huh?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonNOA1 View Post
    Awesome job fellow 700 club & MCSE:S member! Feels great, huh?
    There are not words to describe. I have a midterm tomorrow that I need to study for tonight, and then it is time for summer to start! I'll be having a celebratory drink (or 6) tomorrow night and I've got plans for visiting the local amusement park on Thursday. It has taken me 1 year 1 month and 16 days from the passing of the 270 to finally finishing. I'm still in awe over it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    Congrats!!! take some time to enjoy yourself, you earned it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Learn it, Do it, Know it! Asif Dasl's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2008/7 MCITP:EA/SA EDST/EST MCSE'03 SBS'08/'03 MCDST A+ N+ Sec+ Srv+ VCP5-DCV VCA-DCV/Cloud
    Congrats! That's quite an achievement!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DTA/DCA, VCP-5/DT, MCSA: 2008, MCITP: EA, MCTS x5, ITIL v3, MCSA: M, MS in Telecom Engg
    Congrats on that well-earned MCSE!

Would you look into upgrading to the MCITP:EA/SA anytime soon and this is it for Microsoft certs?
    VCDX: DCV - Round 2 rescheduled (by VMware) for December 2017.

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCP, MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003
    Congrats on that pass!

So what's the scoop? How many case studys were there? What kind of Microsoft trickery did you have to deal with? Was it all "read the question, go find the answer" stuff or was any of it "common sense then click the button"?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Essendon View Post
    Congrats on that well-earned MCSE!

Would you look into upgrading to the MCITP:EA/SA anytime soon and this is it for Microsoft certs?
    It is on the table for later this year, but nothing set in stone yet. I'm sure the 70-680 won't be too far off. I'm spending 4 days in Windows 7 training next week so I'll probably hit that sometime in July/early August and then not be too concerned until later in the year. There will certainly be more MS in my future.

I'm also thinking about doing some work with Excel. The word certification taught me lots of neat tricks about word (not that the title carries any weight) and I think that I could gain some benefit out of excel. I do lots of reporting stuff with it so learning better ways to filter is always nice.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadly1 View Post
    Congrats on that pass!

So what's the scoop? How many case studys were there? What kind of Microsoft trickery did you have to deal with? Was it all "read the question, go find the answer" stuff or was any of it "common sense then click the button"?
    I emailed mcp@microsoft.com asking if that broke the NDA and I was told no, but I never feel comfortable disclosing that kind of thing.

I used Passed 70-298 Today as my source for intel on this exam. Unfortunately my exam was very different from the one that this guy had. I did about twice the work, filled up 9 sheets with notes, but I guess I can't really complain since I passed.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    I emailed mcp@microsoft.com asking if that broke the NDA and I was told no, but I never feel comfortable disclosing that kind of thing.

I used Passed 70-298 Today as my source for intel on this exam. Unfortunately my exam was very different from the one that this guy had. I did about twice the work, filled up 9 sheets with notes, but I guess I can't really complain since I passed.
    That's cool. I don't want you to get into trouble. Just pre-test jitters. I'll check out that other thread. It all helps.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Wow I'm such a loser. I refreshed the mcp.microsoft.com website probably 50 times yesterday and I've got to be coming up on 10 today.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCSE:S 2003
    Wow I'm such a loser. I refreshed the mcp.microsoft.com website probably 50 times yesterday and I've got to be coming up on 10 today.
    Microsoft is going to block you for trying to overload their servers. Just kidding, it's something we all do. Doesn't count until Microsoft records and shows it on their website. Makes waiting very hard. Hurry up Microsoft! lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Gotta keep yourself occupied now that you DON'T have to brush up on security...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security?? What is that?

It looks like I'm in no mans land now. Last night I saw where the 298 is now on my transcript, but the MCSE isn't. I guess it takes a little longer for them to realize that all of the exams are complete. In the certification planner it has everything checked off. It can't be too much longer...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security?? What is that?

It looks like I'm in no mans land now. Last night I saw where the 298 is now on my transcript, but the MCSE isn't. I guess it takes a little longer for them to realize that all of the exams are complete. In the certification planner it has everything checked off. It can't be too much longer...
    You'd think an MCSE would know how to pull up his own transcripts. Sheesh...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Member

Certifications
    Network+ , A+, Server+, Security+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS: Vista and 7, MCSA and MCSE:Security
    When I earned the MCSE as well as a friend of mine, we both had to email Mcphelp to get the transcripts updated to show. Might be the case for you as well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I waited over a month for my MCSA to show. I was waiting on the A+/Net+ to transfer over so that may have been the problem. Doesn't make you any less certified so update that resume!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I'm sure it is still clicking along. I've been holding off on officially declaring myself until I see the paper. But I think seeing the exam listed on the transcript and the completed certification planner is good enough.

I kept having a bad feeling that I was going to get an email informing me that they reviewed my test and have determined that I only scored a 699. Since that isn't the case, I think I'm in the clear.

I noticed this same lag with the MCSA:Security last week. Test shows up before the certification. I'm not concerned (although I would like to see that artwork....)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    F5-F5-F5-F5-F5-F5-F5-F5-F5...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    As you can probably guess from the new logo, it went through last night! I've ordered the official paper and it will be here next week.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    Is it possible to get a commercial CA (such as verisign) to give you a certificate that you can use as a CA certificate to issue certificates?

I wouldn't think so, because now your enterprise would be allowed to create certificates that would be trusted by everyone. If you have bad policies in place and one of the certs you issued gets compromised, then Verisign could take a lot of heat on that.

But that is exactly what Transcender says to do.
    To support digitally signed e-mail transmissions for both local and Internet-based users, a commercially signed root certificate should be purchased.
    Totally irrelevant now, but...

That is not what they are saying at all. You are misreading. They are saying purchase a comercially signed certificate so that you can use it to digitally sign emails - NOT use it to issue other certificates.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 First 12 3 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks