+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertKaucher View Post
    Totally irrelevant now, but...

That is not what they are saying at all. You are misreading. They are saying purchase a comercially signed certificate so that you can use it to digitally sign emails - NOT use it to issue other certificates.
    That makes sense except for this line. "A commercially signed root certificate should be purchased."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCP, MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003
    Certificates don't issue certificates. CAs do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadly1 View Post
    Certificates don't issue certificates. CAs do.
    A CA issues the ticket, but it requires a certificate to do so.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCP, MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    A CA issues the ticket, but it requires a certificate to do so.
    But it requires a certificate that flows from the root, right? If you purchase a certificate from a commercial CA, that's a different root than yours.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    That makes sense except for this line. "A commercially signed root certificate should be purchased."
    I agree that could be worded better. You are not purchasing a root certificate. There is no such thing as a root certificate. There is only a root authority and they use their signing certificate to issue other certs. The truth is Verisign could do what you said; it would make you a trusted intermediate signing authority (they just won't do it). But that is not what the quote is talking about.

I'm discussing test taking strategy here:
    You took a poorly worded sentance and then extrapolated an impossibility from it. The key is the action. You said "issue certificates" but the example is only talking about signing emails. If that were a test question and you started to over think it like this you'd get it wrong. Although it could be argued that the example is wrong when taken to the letter, I just consider that noise. Just don't over think the questions.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. DOS

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 (MCSA)/ 70-293, 70-294, 70-298 (MCSE)
    Congrats Devilsbane on your journey I too hope to be MCSE.

I have sold my house and the last couple of months has been hectic but I hope to start studying for 70-298. I believe this should be my final cert.

How come you took 70-299? I thought with your Security+ that would give you the big title. Or do I need to take 299, I need to pop up the Microsoft page and refresh my memory. I have stretched my certs over a couple of years I am getting forgetful
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    298 was the design exam for MCSE. 299 was for the MCSE:Security

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...mcse.aspx#tab2 for MCSE

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...mcse.aspx#tab3 shows MCSE:S and MCSE:M (although messaging has retired exams)
    Last edited by Devilsbane; 06-27-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. DOS

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 (MCSA)/ 70-293, 70-294, 70-298 (MCSE)
    I see says the blind man. Now I remember, thanks for the link.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by DOS View Post
    I see says the blind man. Now I remember, thanks for the link.
    No problem. Looks like you just need to make sure that Microsoft has been made aware of the A+/Net+ and then knock down one of the design exams (easier said than done, I know)

Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks