+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. wpj

Certifications
    Master ASE, JNCIS-FWV, MCITP, MBSP, MCSE+S, MCSE+E, ASE, JNCIA-FWV, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIA-AC, MCTS, MBSS, CSA, AIS, MCP+I, JNSS-S, JNSS-R, JNSS-AC, JNSA-S
    Tyrant1919

yes mostly experiance to completed them along with exta assurance of second shot on th eMS side or I would not have gone so hard at them. but with a free second shot you can;t go wrong...

Exchange 2007 config was really the only one I had to study major for, and a bit on bdd after i droped it the first time.

best part is all exams were paid for my work so nothi8ng really out of pocket..or that would have also slowed me down..

good luck all and use the second shot and try them.....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Svr+, Sec+, CCNA, MCSE:S, MCITP:EA, 236
    Going for another triple shot May 10th. Going to see Jeff Dunham in Waco, and then staying in Dallas overnight to test on Saturday. Was tired of 'slacking' off with my studies but this will push me to study.

I plan on taking a break tonight and start studyin' the rest of 293 on Saturday. Try to focus on certificates hardcore, as that is my known week area. Sunday, lab up for the day to take a break from the crazzyness.

291 I've been focusing on, and I feel very confident with my DHCP/DNS/RRAS/Subneting knowledge. Was a DNS/DHCP admin in the AF afterall... and it's been fun studying actually.

622 I'll be taking as well, I feel the majority of it is just review. I'll focus on certificates as well and GPOs as I feel that's my weakness here.

Order I'm taking, 622, 291, 293. I feel a pass on 622 will 'carry' me through the rest. But a fail would be devistating to my momentum for the day. I'm betting pass on first two, fail on 293.

I'll letcha all know.

-DW
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    Good luck with the tests Tyrant.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Thanks Hetty.

After further reviewing 293, it seems almost like another version of 291, so this one makes sence to take together. Security+ topics were touched on a bit there too.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. MIPS processor please Mishra's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2012, MCITP:EA/SA, MCSE 2003, MCTS: Vista, VCP4, AAS
    Cool. It will be interesting to see if you can pass 3 exams by studying for a little over a month with previous experience.

You should think about making seperate pass/fail topics in the individual test topics (aka 291 forum) because you usually are pretty descriptive and it will be easier to find for people looking for those pass/fail topics.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I'll probably do that this time. I kinda did it at the beginning except for each one all in one post.

Anyways, now that I'm getting into more deeper subject in the MCSE track, I can now start to piece together all the things I saw as an admin in the Air Force. I just studied CAs and it now makes sence. I always wanted to get into System Administration but I never got lucky enough to be transfered there. There were 18 year olds being thrown in there straight from tech school. Basically a dream job for 90% of us here. Responsible for backups, SMS, exchange, AD, in one of the largest enterprise networks in the world. I'll settle with Network Services though with my DHCP, DNS, and Openview. It was enough to spark my interest further, although Sys Admin would have been better.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    Well, how'd it go? I was actually @ Richland on the 10th as well taking 70-284.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I might have seen you. I was in my A+ shirt for good luck. I made posts about it in the 291 and 620 forum.

622 = 812
    271 = 778
    293 = 760

could be better......

I remember seeing a 284 on the sheet they had, as well as someone else taking 291 there as well. Saw a 270, and some other exams I've never heard of.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNP, JNCIP-ENT, JNCIS-SP, JNCIA, JNCDA, CCNA, CCNA:Security, MCP, A+, N+, L+, MST:InfoSec, CNSS 4011-4015
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant1919
    I might have seen you. I was in my A+ shirt for good luck. I made posts about it in the 291 and 620 forum.

622 = 812
    271 = 778
    293 = 760

could be better......

I remember seeing a 284 on the sheet they had, as well as someone else taking 291 there as well. Saw a 270, and some other exams I've never heard of.
    Wow you're really knocking out those MS exams tyrant nice job!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Thanks man, I'm still dissapointed at my scores though :^/.

It's amazing what high fuel prices will do to some people. I think 298 and 299 are next on my agenda. 298 might be a bit more fun since it's a design exam, we'll see.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks