+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Go ping yourself... phoeneous's Avatar

Certifications
    Pimp status
    Quote Originally Posted by LTParis View Post
    I was thinking of taking a slightly different path so I can crunch in the next 6 weeks a couple certs..
    If I am lucky I can knock out the first three in this time
    3 certs in 6 weeks? Yikes.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Sec+ and Vista will be a breeze for anyone with experience. I'm not sure what's involved with the Xen Server though.

I'd go with MCSE if you're experienced and could knock them out relatively easy. If you're starting from scratch, the MCITP might be a better option. MCSE is still much more well-known.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member
    If it isn't one thing it's another. Just when I was about to group study with a couple co-workers to knock out some tests, I get Diabetes. So I was out of comission for a couple weeks. In that time we learned we have at least another three months on our contract so that gives us more ample time to study!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member
    I started on the MSCA/E track a couple of months ago when it was mentioned to me by more than one person that if they were JUST starting out, they would not take that path (MSCA/E).

That even though 2003 was installed on tons of computers, it is, after all, 7 years old. And if you're qualified on Server 2008, then it's not going to be too much of a stretch to handle a Server 2003 box.

So, I'm going MCTS (70-640, 70-642, 70-643) and try to get an entry-level job. Let employer know I'm planning on MCITP System Admin or Enterprise Admin down the road. Seems like a good start to me.

Good Luck to you!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, PMP, MCSE 2003:Security, MCITP:EA, MCITP:EDA7, Security+, Network+, ITIL V3 Foundations, CCNA, CCNA:Security, ITIL Expert
    I would highly recommend starting with the MCSE/MCSA and then work in the 2008 stuff from there. From everything I have read if you understand the core 2003 stuff, then the 2008 stuff just builds some on that info.

And MANY people still look at the MCSE as a required cert to have for hiring. Also, most of the people I've spoken with are still mostly 2003 and are in no hurry to get to 2008 for most of their systems. So 2003 will be around for awhile yet. Kinda like XP versus Vista and Windows 7.

Good luck.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks