+ Reply to Thread
  1. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING

Default Mcse study books

Looking to get started for my MCSE and would like to know whats the new or a good book to start with. A friend gave me one of his book but I think it's an older version of the MCSE networking essentials exams. Please, help out with any advice or tips u all have. Also where can I find a sample exams questions to practice with.

Cheers
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Go ping yourself... phoeneous's Avatar

Certifications
    Pimp status
    Reply With Quote Quote  

I'm using the MS Self Paced Training Kit, CBT Nuggets, and TestOut courses.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Virtually in the shadows pennystrader's Avatar

Certifications
    CEH,Security+, MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2K7, MCSE:Security 2K3, VCP 3.5/4.0, ITIL 3.0

Default MCSE Books

I guess it depends on are you wanting a book to study for the test or a book that will help you learn alot about 2003 and then find books that will help directly for the tests? If you are looking for a good book that is not directly related to the tests but will teach you alot of good stuff about servers and the ins and out of 2003 then i would suggest Mastering Windows Server 2003 by Mark Minasi. I love his work and you will learn alot that will help round out your server learning.

Amazon.com: Mastering Windows Server 2003 (0025211441305): Mark Minasi, Christa Anderson, Michele Beverridge, Callahan, Lisa Justice: Books

I agree if you want material for the studying for the tests themselves I also suggest Technet. That and Transcender questions will help you prepare for the exams.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

-------------------------------------------------------
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    I'm using the MS Self Paced Training Kit, TechNotes, and Exam Cram books for MCSE
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. DOS

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 (MCSA)/ 70-293, 70-294, 70-298 (MCSE)
    I'm using MS Self Paced Training Kit (I buy the books on Amazon used, most of the time they are brand new), CBT Nuggets and tips from this site.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+ Network+ MCSA 2003 Server
    Only going for MCSA. Currently training for 70-290. Currently using the following:
    1. Microsoft's self training kit: Mananging & maintaining a Microsoft Windows server 2003 & MCSA/MCSE.
    2. Sybex study guide: Windows Server 2003 Environment Management & maintenance.
    3. TestOut
    Last edited by robdog; 04-07-2011 at 05:51 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks