+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    IASO,GSEC,GCED,GCFE, MCTS:AD,MCSA,,MCP, Sec+ VCA-DCV MCTS-SCCM

Default Second Shots or Discounts

I have been away from the Certification scene for about 4 months got busy and distracted. I recently was hired on at a University to do system management which so far is okay.

I want to finish MCITP:EA and MCSE This what I have left
    70-643
    70-293
    70-294

I am think I am going to take them in that order.

I am thinking of trying the first one next month if time to study permits, we are currently in the middle of an email migration which a bulk of my time right now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    I would finish the MCSE first. Those exams will be retired before the 2008 ones and if you get busy it would suck to be missing one exam. Some of the 643 material would probably build off the knowledge gained from doing the 293 and 294.

If you are a student, you can get a discount on the exams. I think the price is now around $83.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Server+,A+, N+, MCDST, HDI/SCA, MCP, ITIL Foundations 2011, VCA5-DCV,VCA5-Cloud, MTA 98-364
    Quote Originally Posted by Psoasman View Post
    I would finish the MCSE first. Those exams will be retired before the 2008 ones and if you get busy it would suck to be missing one exam. Some of the 643 material would probably build off the knowledge gained from doing the 293 and 294.

If you are a student, you can get a discount on the exams. I think the price is now around $83.

Is the discount through DreamSpark or something else?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    If you go to Prometric's site, you can register for one of the 072-x exams. You have to be a student and you have to have a student ID and the school, which MS validates.

This link has more information.

Student Certification Exams | Special Offers | Microsoft Certification
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Server+,A+, N+, MCDST, HDI/SCA, MCP, ITIL Foundations 2011, VCA5-DCV,VCA5-Cloud, MTA 98-364
    Quote Originally Posted by Psoasman View Post
    If you go to Prometric's site, you can register for one of the 072-x exams. You have to be a student and you have to have a student ID and the school, which MS validates.

This link has more information.

Student Certification Exams | Special Offers | Microsoft Certification
    Thanks for the info!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Dreamspark was something else. At one point they were offering a free voucher (good for any 72-xxx exam). I'm not sure if this offer is still valid, but worth a look.

https://www.dreamspark.com/default.aspx
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks