+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    Network+,MCSA:2003, MCTS: Win7
    Congrats!! So when are you going to upgrade, since everything should be fresh
    God deserves my best
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCDA, ITIL Foundation, Prince2, MCSA, MCSA Messaging, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2008, MCSA2012

Default Where Next

I was aiming to do the whole Enterprise Administrator route some 18 months ago but renewing my CCNA and completing the MCSE took me a bit longer than I had original planed.

From what I can work out I think my best option is to do the 70-648 upgrade exam and then do the 70-646 Server Administrator exam. I think this will give me MCITP SA and MCSA 2008 and from there I can then look at the 2012 Certs although to be honest they wont get in to my current work environment for years. But whilst im in the mood to study I might try and get them done the older I get the harder it gets to study....

I am really keen to do these quickly as you say whilst the information is fresh and I am on a role with it. I have done two exams in the last three months and they have taken a lot of my time. I am going to take a week off and then look at 70-648 although I have already set up a lad with 2008R2 ready to go...

Would love to to get the upgrade to 2008 done by Nov 2012 (6 weeks per exam)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network+,MCSA:2003, MCTS: Win7
    Sounds doable, good luck. I'm trying to complete 70-680 by that time as well, would like Christmas to be study free.
    God deserves my best
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Go ping yourself... phoeneous's Avatar

Certifications
    Pimp status
    I failed 297 this morning
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, Security+, Network+, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by phoeneous View Post
    I failed 297 this morning

KCCO fellow Chiver!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, CCDA, ITIL Foundation, Prince2, MCSA, MCSA Messaging, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2008, MCSA2012

Default Sucks

Ah Man that sucks..... Are you going to retake it your so close to the finish
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Go ping yourself... phoeneous's Avatar

Certifications
    Pimp status
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyneo View Post
    Ah Man that sucks..... Are you going to retake it your so close to the finish
    Looks like I have until July 2013 before they retire it. I dont think I'm going to wait that long so I'll probably retake it late October or mid November. Then I need to renew my ccna by early December. It never ends...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    phoeneous I though that was going to say you had passed!!! Final push mate get through that last exam its such a good feeling when you finished..... Oh but wait like you said it never ends renew CCNA took me a long time...... Are you going to do the MCSA 2008 after I have just started its two more exams. I am studying the 70-648 at the moment... Good luck fella let us know when you pass in October?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Go ping yourself... phoeneous's Avatar

Certifications
    Pimp status
    I PASSED THIS MORNING!!! Got a 785 :/

I liked this test, but I also really hated it. I hate the testlet style, there just isn't enough time to read through all of the material and provide a sound answer.

On to CCNP!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 3902, VCP550 (MCP, MCSA, MCSE, Sec+, VCP5-DCV)
    Grats man!!! I shouldn't be too far behind you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE, MCSA, CNA, CCNA (expired), Project+, Linux+, CNE (expired), OCA MySQL 5, ITIL Foundation
    I can't believe folks are still taking 2003 exams. I thought those had been retired already??
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSA Win7, MCSA 2003 & 2008, MCS, CCNA, VCP5
    No, they have not. I'm studying for 70-291, although I won't go for MCSE.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Go ping yourself... phoeneous's Avatar

Certifications
    Pimp status
    Quote Originally Posted by petedude View Post
    I can't believe folks are still taking 2003 exams. I thought those had been retired already??
    I made myself a promise back in 2006 that I'd be mcse. I kept that promise.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member

Certifications
    Hi Phoeneous, Congrats on the pass made it at long last must be a relief.... Finaly made that MCSE hey. Good luck with the CCCNP. I have decided to move on to the 20008 exams hopeful completing MCSA2008 by the end of this year.... Torn bet virtualization Vmware / Citrix and the cisco route I have my CCNA renewed it in Nov last year..... Hummmmm decisions descions
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, MCSE, MCSA+S, MCTS:SQL, MCP+I, A+, i-Net+, Network+, Server+, Security+, CCA, HP AIS & APS
    Quote Originally Posted by petedude View Post
    End of July, 2013 for some of them. Like others, I'm still working on a few for a personal challenge I set for myself and a few exams can be applied toward multiple certs (for me 298 puts +Security on more than one of my certs). I think the expiration can be the best motivator to get rolling on them because otherwise I'm too preoccupied with other things in life to bother carving out time. I typically spend the first couple of years learning the products and then cert later as I'm not pushed to really have the newest ones.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks