+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 First 12 3456 ... Last

Certifications
    MCSE: Servers, Sec +, MCITP:DBA 2008, MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014
    Just stepping in to let you guys know that this is a doable timeline. I had 5 years of systems administration experience when my boss told me to get the cert within 90 days. Just be sure to lab out everything and you guys should be good.
    2017 Goals - MCSA SQL 2016 Database Administration, MCSA Windows Server 2016
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    CompTIA, A+, Sec+, Net+ (expired), MCSDT XP, MCITP Vista/Win7, EDST/EDA, MCSA Win8

Default I accept the challenge, but with 2nd shot being back, I am gonna push it out 120 days

With a Epic Fail last year on 417/415/416, I will be focused on 417 only and expect to get myself organized by the end of this week, re build my lab and get going, one objective set at a time. Projected test date. April 30th or sooner (week sooner), but with the whole year ahead of me, I actually have the whole year. Thanks for the information. Any way to get a copy to my onedrive??
    Last edited by EspiOne; 01-07-2015 at 05:00 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EspiOne View Post
    With a Epic Fail last year on 417/415/416, I will be focused on 417 only and expect to get myself organized by the end of this week, re build my lab and get going, one objective set at a time. Projected test date. April 30th or sooner (week sooner), but with the whole year ahead of me, I actually have the whole year. Thanks for the information. Any way to get a copy to my onedrive??
    PM email. i can send copy
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ITIL F, C|EH
    Found a great article describing a lab setup for this as well as study methods...

https://benofthecloud.wordpress.com/...on-in-90-days/

Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member NetworkingStudent's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, and Security+. MTA: OS
    Quote Originally Posted by --chris-- View Post
    Found a great article describing a lab setup for this as well as study methods...

I will add REP Chris
    Great find!!!!!!

I like how he describes his process. It's more about understanding the concepts and less about memorizing terms commands, ect.

Reading

I then turn to the books available, if there is any, and will read through the book (my first time not using the printed books and using the Kindle versions). I don’t study the book in depth and work off of it, but I simply read it through and make simple notes in my OneNote as something catches my attention. This works with theses exams because it is not simply memorizing the information and tables as much as it is understanding the concepts and principles, and being able to actually do what you learn. So, the value I find in reading the books is getting the overview.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by --chris-- View Post

This is actually where I got the idea from, but I decided to go strickly for MCSA instead of MCSE. I will add link to this site in document as well. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, Server+, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2008, Google Certified Associate - G Suite Administrator
    I think I will accept the challenge also. I took the 70-417 exam almost a year ago and failed it. I just need to force myself to sit down and study for the exam again. I think I can get it knocked out in 90 days.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member
    @lmoworld.

I am in. but certainly a few days behind. It's time for me to step up and get some form of certification.

Has anyone thought of setting up some sort of Google+ group etc for this?

I will be starting when I get home tonight!.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by nachodba View Post
    Just stepping in to let you guys know that this is a doable timeline. I had 5 years of systems administration experience when my boss told me to get the cert within 90 days. Just be sure to lab out everything and you guys should be good.
    I tried to lab but some times I get stuck or run into problems. I think that's where I failed the most. I structure for me to learn and move forward. That's the best way for me to learn. Some books do have examples but I'm the kind of person that likes to follow step by step. Don't know if that's just me being SPECIAL... lol...

but I really need to work on that. I already failed twice and it really SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

kick myself in the ASS for that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ITIL F, C|EH
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie1277 View Post
    I tried to lab but some times I get stuck or run into problems. I think that's where I failed the most. I structure for me to learn and move forward. That's the best way for me to learn. Some books do have examples but I'm the kind of person that likes to follow step by step. Don't know if that's just me being SPECIAL... lol...

but I really need to work on that. I already failed twice and it really SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

kick myself in the ASS for that.
    You should try to find an offical M$ course material book (like you would use in a college class), they come with a 6 month license for online labs which makes the book expensive...but if you find one used/without that license you would then have a step-by-step lab manual for most of the objectives.

Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member
    Came across this individual's Blog today. A lot of good material. I will put his site link into the OneNote Document as well. Information is listed in his Archived items.

David M
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member
    Good find!

Am setting up my environment right now
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member
    Could you send me an offline version of your notebook?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member
    Please send PM with email for offline copy, will send tonight
    Last edited by lmoworld; 01-09-2015 at 03:06 PM. Reason: update
    Reply With Quote Quote  

About a week behind everyone, but I will be joining in on this venture as well. I have been journaling my pursuit of my Exchange 2013 certs for a while in the Exchange forums. Ran into a wall a little while ago since I have never had any official training on Active Directory. Going to put a hiatus on my Exchange certs for a while until I get my 70-410, 70-411 and 70-412 done. Then i will pick things up again Exchange-wise. Best of luck to all of us.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Member

Certifications
    MCSE + I, MCSE 2003, MCSE -Messaging MCITP 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sthomas View Post
    I think I will accept the challenge also. I took the 70-417 exam almost a year ago and failed it. I just need to force myself to sit down and study for the exam again. I think I can get it knocked out in 90 days.
    Count me in. I've fallen behind in my certs, and I need something to motivate me. I just sat the SCCM 2012 test yesterday and passed, but it was close, even though I've been working with the product for years. I need to get back in the test mindset.

One question though, how tough is 417? I'm paying for my own tests at the moment, so I'd rather pay for one test vs three.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member Registered Member
    Hi , I haven't done any certs yet but would like to join you to start preparing.
    Could you please share any study material with me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    Count me in. I've fallen behind in my certs, and I need something to motivate me. I just sat the SCCM 2012 test yesterday and passed, but it was close, even though I've been working with the product for years. I need to get back in the test mindset.

One question though, how tough is 417? I'm paying for my own tests at the moment, so I'd rather pay for one test vs three.

I'm going the 3 exam path. Never sat the 417, so I wouldn't be able to tell you

@ Skelly
    The Link to the oneNote is in original post. If you want a copy for offline viewing PM email and I will forward to you.
    Last edited by lmoworld; 01-09-2015 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Update
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    EUCIP IT Admin, LPIC-1, CCNA, Novell CLA, MS 70-410
    Hi, just wanted to post a big thanks for yout Onenote notes, they're really helpfull!
    All the best for your exams!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE Server 2012, MCSE Messaging Exchange 2013, MCTS SCCM

How long did it take you to prepare for the SCCM exam ?

Once I get the MCSE I might look at doing this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member

Default Test Lab Guide

Couldn't sleep, so I Googled and came across Windows Server 2012 R2 Test Lab. Step by step guide to setting up lab.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE, VCP, CEH, SSCP, Extron A/V Associate, Security+, Network+, ITIL-F, CWTS
    The test lab guides are great. Thanks for the resources posted.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Member

Certifications
    MCSE + I, MCSE 2003, MCSE -Messaging MCITP 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pjd007 View Post
    How long did it take you to prepare for the SCCM exam ?

Once I get the MCSE I might look at doing this.
    I took a couple of weeks reviewing the material over the Christmas holiday. I've been doing designs and deployments since SCCM 2012 was first released, which frankly didn't help much since all of the questions were Admin related.

I used the CBT Nuggets course and the SCCM Unleashed book to get through it. If you can only afford one, I would use the book over the course since everything on the test was covered in the book.

BTW: As of the time I took the test, there were no SP1 or R2 specific questions.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A/Net/Sec/Ser/Proj+, CIW, MCITP, MCSE, C|EH/CHFI, CISSP, CCSPA, CCENT, BS: IT-S, MSISA
    I am on board for the challenge as well. A recent job requirement has me upgrading to MCSE 2012 and I am curious how difficult the 417 is. I failed the 70-649 twice before putting it to bed, and wondering if this is as difficult. Given I had a few years in between my MCSE 2003 to MCITP, but it was an awful lot of knowledge to retain.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCSA, MCTS, VCP 4/5, CCENT, CCNA
    I'm in. I've already passed 70-410, just started studying 70-411.

I took 70-410 like 18 months ago, been doing vmware/cisco certs since then. Back onboard with MS.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 First 12 3456 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks