+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 First 123 4567 ... Last
Results 51 to 75 of 177
  1. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    267

    Certifications
    MCSE Server 2012, MCSE Messaging Exchange 2013, MCTS SCCM
    #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    I took a couple of weeks reviewing the material over the Christmas holiday. I've been doing designs and deployments since SCCM 2012 was first released, which frankly didn't help much since all of the questions were Admin related.

    I used the CBT Nuggets course and the SCCM Unleashed book to get through it. If you can only afford one, I would use the book over the course since everything on the test was covered in the book.

    BTW: As of the time I took the test, there were no SP1 or R2 specific questions.
    Thanks.

    This sounds like it shouldn't be too difficult after doing the 5 MCSE exams though I'm sure by that point I might be ready to put the study to one side !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member ed_003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Florida\NYC
    Posts
    216

    Certifications
    A+, Net+, Mac Integration Basics
    #52

    Default Notes

    as far as reading and writing.. me for example i like to highlight in the book and copy that to my notebook. Does anyone do that or have a better tactic for retaining as much information as possible?

    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    123
    #53
    Quote Originally Posted by ed_003 View Post
    as far as reading and writing.. me for example i like to highlight in the book and copy that to my notebook. Does anyone do that or have a better tactic for retaining as much information as possible?

    Read and Highlight, Take Notes, Google, Lab, YouTube, Read Notes again. Everyone has there own study method. I know my notes tend to have repetative information, but it works for me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Senior Member ed_003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Florida\NYC
    Posts
    216

    Certifications
    A+, Net+, Mac Integration Basics
    #54
    It also works for me.. i do exactly all those things
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member knownhero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    435

    Certifications
    MCSE: SharePoint 2013, Productivity
    #55
    Finally got my job in SharePoint to then find out I have to bloody do these exams to get MCSE: SharePoint. I'm in. Doubt I will be able to do it but its worth a shot!

    Thanks for the one note link.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013

    Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Junior IT Security Guy
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    NoCal
    Posts
    153

    Certifications
    CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Healthcare IT, MCP, MCSA: Server 2012, MS Specialist: Serv Virt with Windows Sys Center
    #56
    I am interested in doing this for MCSA. I am about to take and pass the 70-687 (next week), then start on the 70-410 and take and pass in February, with the goal of taking and passing 70-411 and 70-412 by April or May. It might not be exactly 90 days but it will be somewhat close. I had planned to do this last year, but ya know, life got in the way. After MCSA, its MCSE baby!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    123
    #57
    TechNet Virtual Labs Decided to try out the labs offered through Technet. Definitely recommended to those who are trying to gain some hands on experience. Tried out the Migrating Active Directory Lab today.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    118

    Certifications
    GCIA, CSA+, Sec+, CHFIv9, CEHv8, Linux+, BS-CIS
    #58

    Default 70-640

    Just scheduled 70-640 for 3 weeks from now. I just finished the client/server active directory class and lab at school and have been studying using books and practice tests. if I don't know exactly why a practice test question is right then I research and lab it if I can. I am doing the 200 R2 track because that it what I have been using in lab. I figure if I get MCSA in 2008 its just one test to move to 2012. My weakest area's are Certificate Authority and some of the command line utilities. Anyone have experience with this test they can share?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. I'm on a scenic route... Snow.bros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    802

    Certifications
    CompTIA: A+ | Net+ | MCP| MCSA:Server 2012| MCSE: Server Infrastructure
    #59
    Quote Originally Posted by lmoworld View Post
    Couldn't sleep, so I Googled and came across Windows Server 2012 R2 Test Lab. Step by step guide to setting up lab.
    This guide is awesome can you please post a link where I can download any material that focus solely on the 70-412 exam.
    Last edited by Snow.bros; 01-19-2015 at 06:12 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    123
    #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow.bros View Post
    This guide is awesome can you please post a link where I can download any material that focus solely on the 70-412 exam.
    I just started studying for 70-411. I can put 70-412 Material in the OneNote book. If you would like a copy PM me your email and I will send it to you. You can always just copy paste the material into a OneNote Book yourself. I know I tend to have a lot of material that repeats itself, but this is just the way I learn the material. Good Luck
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. I'm on a scenic route... Snow.bros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    802

    Certifications
    CompTIA: A+ | Net+ | MCP| MCSA:Server 2012| MCSE: Server Infrastructure
    #61
    Quote Originally Posted by lmoworld View Post
    If you would like a copy PM me your email and I will send it to you. You can always just copy paste the material into a OneNote Book yourself. I know I tend to have a lot of material that repeats itself, but this is just the way I learn the material. Good Luck
    Will do, I don't mind don't worry about it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    123
    #62
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper311 View Post
    Congratulations Man!

    How many days total did you study for the 410 and what was your final score on the exam?
    I failed back in December and passed recently. I would have to say 14 days of repeating labs over and over again. Every morning I would wake up early to build two servers. One server Gui. One Server Core. I make the Gui the DC. I add Server Core to the Domain. I may add a few users. I have a Windows 8 Client to join to the domain. On average it takes 30 to 40 minutes. Enough time for me to eat Breakfast and watch King of the Hill on the cartoon network. I found out the first time that reading the content is not enough. You need to build some experience by doing it yourself over and over again. I have a treasure of index cards I randomly create during the day to test myself on the material. People tend to say they don't have the time to study, but like I stated before I have 2 kids both under the age of 2 and work full-time. It's tough, but I want this cert more than anything. The OneNote document in a way forces me to keep up with the material and study.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    123
    #63

    Post OneNote Google Drive Link

    Download and save. Open with OneNote. You can update and add your own material.

    Note: Last update to the material in this link is 21 Jan 2015

    OneNote Google Drive
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. ...loading... gorebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,728

    Certifications
    CCIE:R&S, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCTSx2
    #64
    Hmmm I'm an MCSE on 2003 and was a Windows admin for a good long while.

    Tempted to pick this challenge up at some point!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Senior Member ed_003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Florida\NYC
    Posts
    216

    Certifications
    A+, Net+, Mac Integration Basics
    #65
    Quote Originally Posted by lmoworld View Post
    I failed back in December and passed recently. I would have to say 14 days of repeating labs over and over again. Every morning I would wake up early to build two servers. One server Gui. One Server Core. I make the Gui the DC. I add Server Core to the Domain. I may add a few users. I have a Windows 8 Client to join to the domain. On average it takes 30 to 40 minutes. Enough time for me to eat Breakfast and watch King of the Hill on the cartoon network. I found out the first time that reading the content is not enough. You need to build some experience by doing it yourself over and over again. I have a treasure of index cards I randomly create during the day to test myself on the material. People tend to say they don't have the time to study, but like I stated before I have 2 kids both under the age of 2 and work full-time. It's tough, but I want this cert more than anything. The OneNote document in a way forces me to keep up with the material and study.
    lmoworld.... how do u stay on track like me for example im a week on a week off, im mad at my self because im not consistent. How do u it?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    267

    Certifications
    MCSE Server 2012, MCSE Messaging Exchange 2013, MCTS SCCM
    #66
    Quote Originally Posted by lmoworld View Post
    I failed back in December and passed recently. I would have to say 14 days of repeating labs over and over again. Every morning I would wake up early to build two servers. One server Gui. One Server Core. I make the Gui the DC. I add Server Core to the Domain. I may add a few users. I have a Windows 8 Client to join to the domain. On average it takes 30 to 40 minutes. Enough time for me to eat Breakfast and watch King of the Hill on the cartoon network. I found out the first time that reading the content is not enough. You need to build some experience by doing it yourself over and over again. I have a treasure of index cards I randomly create during the day to test myself on the material. People tend to say they don't have the time to study, but like I stated before I have 2 kids both under the age of 2 and work full-time. It's tough, but I want this cert more than anything. The OneNote document in a way forces me to keep up with the material and study.
    IMO the process of rebuilding a small environment like that on a daily basis would be a lot of time wasted for most people when essentially you'd only be familiarising yourself with the install process, a couple of wizards and a few powershell commands which aren't covered in much depth in the exam, I'd suggest spending more time on DHCP, DNS, IPv4, IPv6, group policy, NTFS permissions, powershell etc.

    If you're already familiar with a lot of the concepts then the important thing is to know the relevant consoles inside out as the exam questions will often ask you on which tab you would configure an option etc.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    123
    #67
    Quote Originally Posted by ed_003 View Post
    lmoworld.... how do u stay on track like me for example im a week on a week off, im mad at my self because im not consistent. How do u it?
    Timelines are great. I schedule my exam. I put the date in places as a reminder. One is by my TV. A sticky note is on my desktop, and one is by my fridge. People tend to say that free time doesn't exist. I know that I am able to study right before I go to work, in my car (listen to youtube/cbtnuggets), during lunch, and right after dinner. Some days I spend more time studying than others. My theory is that 10 to 15 minutes of reading over study notes or skimming through a chapter is better than doing nothing at all.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    123
    #68
    Quote Originally Posted by pjd007 View Post
    IMO the process of rebuilding a small environment like that on a daily basis would be a lot of time wasted for most people when essentially you'd only be familiarising yourself with the install process, a couple of wizards and a few powershell commands which aren't covered in much depth in the exam, I'd suggest spending more time on DHCP, DNS, IPv4, IPv6, group policy, NTFS permissions, powershell etc.

    If you're already familiar with a lot of the concepts then the important thing is to know the relevant consoles inside out as the exam questions will often ask you on which tab you would configure an option etc.
    I do build labs that go into greater depth. The labs I do in the morning require no second guessing. Rename computer, set static ip, add Active Directory, DHCP, DNS server. Make computer domain controller, create DHCP scope, create DNS zone. Join Server and Client to the domain. I wanted to make these step feel like second nature. Pretty sure what I do is overkill, but it works for me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    267

    Certifications
    MCSE Server 2012, MCSE Messaging Exchange 2013, MCTS SCCM
    #69
    Quote Originally Posted by lmoworld View Post
    I do build labs that go into greater depth. The labs I do in the morning require no second guessing. Rename computer, set static ip, add Active Directory, DHCP, DNS server. Make computer domain controller, create DHCP scope, create DNS zone. Join Server and Client to the domain. I wanted to make these step feel like second nature. Pretty sure what I do is overkill, but it works for me.
    That's the detail you missed off the other post !

    Yep you gotta find what method works for you but labbing is key and most people will have to do lots of it to pass an exam also agree that booking the exam pushes you to make time to study.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    59

    Certifications
    MCTS 70-680, ITIL V3 Foundation
    #70
    Just a trivial thing but if you can't get motivated to get the study you could always set yourself a treat at the end if you pass the exam.

    Maybe go out for a meal to celebrate or buy a new videogame etc as an incentive to carry on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. ...loading... gorebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,728

    Certifications
    CCIE:R&S, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCTSx2
    #71
    What should I treat myself with if I pass my CCIE in 2 weeks?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    124

    Certifications
    MCSE, VCP, CEH, SSCP, Extron A/V Associate, Security+, Network+, ITIL-F, CWTS
    #72
    A corvette. 1963 Cherry Red.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    33

    Certifications
    MCSE + I, MCSE 2003, MCSE -Messaging MCITP 2008
    #73
    Quote Originally Posted by gorebrush View Post
    What should I treat myself with if I pass my CCIE in 2 weeks?
    A trip to Vegas...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,327

    Certifications
    MS: Information Security, CISSP, GCIH, CEH, CHFI, CCNA: S, CCNA: R&S, VCP6-DTM, Linux+, Project+, VCA6-DCV
    #74
    This will be my goal once I'm done with WGU in a few months. I think I may be able to do it in 90 days. Going to be challenging since I only do limited tasks on Server 2012, but it'll be fun.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    123
    #75
    Sorry for not updating OneNote for the last few days. Been studying but slacking on sharing knowledge. If anyone has anything they would like to see updated in link let me know.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 First 123 4567 ... Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks