+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678
  1. user.Status = "Learning";

Certifications
    MCSE Server 2012, MCSE CP&I
    It's very possible to do in 90 days or less depending on experience...see my attachment. While I have worked quite a bit with Windows Server 2003 and 2008 in the past, I had only labbed things related to 2012 prior to taking the exams. I had never taken an MS exam previously, so I didn't have any expectations leading up to the exams.

A lot of things in WinServ carry over, so while Hawk makes a point that 2016 is just around the corner, a LOT of the concepts will carry over from 2012, as they carried over from 2008, as they carried over from 2003, etc. Active Directory hasn't changed, you can still use the traditional ADUC interface or the ADAC interface that shows you the PowerShell commands running behind the scenes. DHCP/DNS hasn't changed, though in 2012 you gain the ability for DHCP failover. Group Policy Objects/Preferences work just as they have previously. You don't necessarily have to take the 2012 exams, but don't wait for the 2016 content to come out to start learning...sure you may have to go over some topics again in a different book, but what better way to reinforce the learning?

The content is challenging, but it is manageable. If you have the equipment, lab, lab, and lab again. While the time frame is possible, don't make it a race against other people. Some people have more time to devote to studying than others, and some are better at handling pressures on exam day than others. Learn the content at your pace, and the chore of passing the exams will take care of itself.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GSXR750K2; 02-15-2016 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Monday typos...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member
    I just want to pretend people to make a big mistake...I know people who spend thousands of $$$ for nothing, People without MS Server Experience and people who realise that the MS Press books are junk (2012 not 200.

Also I know, that training vendors act like submarines on boards like this to give a false picture.
    I know situations where those "schools" almost promise a CCNA in 5 days without prior knowledge.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 First ... 45678

Social Networking & Bookmarks