+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Reticulating splines... iBrokeIT's Avatar

Certifications
    GCIH, GSEC, VCAP5-DCA, VCP5-DCV, MCITP:EA, MCSA 2003/08
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    Hey iBrokeIT! Don't be so quick to give thatguy67 a hard time.

The way it's SUPPOSED to work is that when you fail an exam, there should be a retake link that appears on your cert dashboard, or will appear after you select the test.

However...I've spent the last couple of days arguing with both MS and Pearson who keep pointing fingers at each other because the second shot thing isn't getting turned on for me.

I passed an exam the week before, and the results were uploaded to MS in less than 24 hours. But when I failed the test on Saturday, they're saying that the upload failed. I just manually submitted my failed report to MS, and they're going to have to manually enter it in their DB.

So yeah, Second Shot is still having problems.
    He clearly didn't bother to read the article before asking questions about the new Second Shot process.

I've had 2 issues with certification vendors, one Microsoft and one Comptia - both times I've called the vendor number and it was quickly resolved. Any time you have a technical process going between multiple vendors there is the potential for problems for which there is a contact number to resolve them. To suggest Microsoft won't honor their Second Shot program as detailed in their terms is in fact "stupid".
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. R's child has far to go thatguy67's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA:R&S, Linux+/LPIC-1/CLA, MCSA:Server 2012, SCS:DLP 12, Security+, VCP5-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by iBrokeIT View Post
    He clearly didn't bother to read the article before asking questions about the new Second Shot process.

I've had 2 issues with certification vendors, one Microsoft and one Comptia - both times I've called the vendor number and it was quickly resolved. Any time you have a technical process going between multiple vendors there is the potential for problems for which there is a contact number to resolve them. To suggest Microsoft won't honor their Second Shot program as detailed in their terms is in fact "stupid".
    I read it, I was just expressing my doubts. I don't care for their new approach (previously they emailed you a Second Shot voucher number). When it comes to discounts/Second Shot I would prefer a voucher code just for the peace of mind, Microsoft could easily withdraw the offer.

I realize it might be some paranoid idiosyncrasy that others might feel is stupid, and you just wanted to chime in and say "yeah it's stupid". It's not a big deal guys...It's pretty much why I added in that phrase "This might sound stupid, but..." because I acknowledge it, some people still want to take it upon themselves to repeat it.
    Last edited by thatguy67; 01-27-2015 at 11:43 PM.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE Server 2012, MCSE Messaging Exchange 2013, MCTS SCCM
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy67 View Post
    I read it, I was just expressing my doubts. I don't care for their new approach (previously they emailed you a Second Shot voucher number). When it comes to discounts/Second Shot I would prefer a voucher code just for the peace of mind, Microsoft could easily withdraw the offer.

I realize it might be some paranoid idiosyncrasy that others might feel is stupid, and you just wanted to chime in and say "yeah it's stupid". It's not a big deal guys...It's pretty much why I added in that phrase "This might sound stupid, but..." because I acknowledge it, some people still want to take it upon themselves to repeat it.
    The way I look at it, you book an exam when you think you're ready then if you fail the 2nd shot is a bonus which you can worry about if/when you need it..

These exams are hard enough so I'd spend my time prepping rather than wasting it on worrying about a 2nd shot which I might (hopefully) not need !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    a few
    thanks for the info
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. R's child has far to go thatguy67's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA:R&S, Linux+/LPIC-1/CLA, MCSA:Server 2012, SCS:DLP 12, Security+, VCP5-DCV
    Quote Originally Posted by pjd007 View Post
    The way I look at it, you book an exam when you think you're ready then if you fail the 2nd shot is a bonus which you can worry about if/when you need it..

These exams are hard enough so I'd spend my time prepping rather than wasting it on worrying about a 2nd shot which I might (hopefully) not need !
    Yeah I am taking the exam regardless. I think the more info you have, the more likely you can resolve an issue with the vendor/testing center. Again, it might sound stupid to some and I'm inviting those people to jump in and remind me how dumb it sounds haha.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCP, Security+
    Just FYI, the second shot is back again
    "When you schedule and take an MCP exam between July 12, 2015, and January 12, 2016, you are eligible for a free retake if you don't pass on your first attempt. You have 30 days from the date of the failed exam to schedule a retake."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks