+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCP, Security+

Default Second shot is back!

Hi guys and happy New Year to all of you!

For those wondering about taking an exam in first half of 2015 or those frustrated with a failure and hesitating to retake the exam, here is a great news from MS!

They have the 2nd shot free promo back!

https://borntolearn.mslearn.net/b/we...through-may-31
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    Best news ever!!!!!!!
    Horrrayyyyy!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA: 2012R2, MCS: Server Virtualization, MCTS-Win7, Security+, Server+, Net+, A+
    Awesome thanks for the heads up.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Chasing down my dreams. Chitownjedi's Avatar
    Right on time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. R's child has far to go thatguy67's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA:R&S, Linux+/LPIC-1/CLA, MCSA:Server 2012, SCS:DLP 12, Security+, VCP5-DCV
    Haha, I noticed this just now and my first reaction was "I gotta run over and tell the folks at TechExams"...this made my hour.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    MCSE: NT4, 2000, 2003, MCTS: Windows 7, MCSA, MCP, CNA, A+, i-Net+, Net+, Server+, Security+, ITIL Foundations V2,3
    Happy New Year indeed! Good for us 70-410 folks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CEHv7, CCNA, Security+ 70-290, 70-291 CCNA:S
    Good, I was deciding for Cisco or MCSE.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. xnx

Certifications
    BSc IT & CSc, CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S + Other vendor certs..
    Thanks for the heads up, I might go after 70-410 now
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE Server 2012, MCSE Messaging Exchange 2013, MCTS SCCM
    Great news.

The switch from prometric to vue has seen the cost of an exam drop from £99 to £55 and now with a 2nd shot potentially you're looking at £27.50 per exam if you fail first time !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+,N+,OCA MySQL, ITIL-F (2012),MCTS: SQL 2008 DB Dev.
    Currently Pursuing:

BSc Information Systems and Management (University of London International Programs)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member Chev Chellios's Avatar

Certifications
    MCP, MCDST, CCNSP, ITIL Foundation, working towards CCENT/CCNA
    Thanks for the heads up dude, think plenty of us were lurking waiting for this. Happy New Year!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member Chev Chellios's Avatar

Certifications
    MCP, MCDST, CCNSP, ITIL Foundation, working towards CCENT/CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by pjd007 View Post
    Great news.

The switch from prometric to vue has seen the cost of an exam drop from £99 to £55 and now with a 2nd shot potentially you're looking at £27.50 per exam if you fail first time !
    Great news indeed
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Member

Certifications
    MCTS 70-680, ITIL V3 Foundation
    Great news.

Where have you seen It for £55 mate? I've had a look on Vue and it's showing as £99 for me?!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Member

Certifications
    CompTIA, A+, Sec+, Net+ (expired), MCSDT XP, MCITP Vista/Win7, EDST/EDA, MCSA Win8
    Pure Awesome ness, I will be setting time aside, just for 70-417. Two shots at it last year, NO GO, but that was also preparing for 415/416. I think I will just focus on 417 solely. Thanks for the info.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Server+, Mobility+, MCDST, MCTS 70-640 & 642, 70-680+685, MCSA 2012 (409,411,410), 70-697, 70-346
    Just what I've been waiting for.. thanks for the link!no code required, am I understanding this correctly? you just book the exam again?
    Last edited by Piers; 01-07-2015 at 02:00 AM.
    Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by barberj66 View Post
    Where have you seen It for £55 mate? I've had a look on Vue and it's showing as £99 for me?!
    So once you select the exam you want to book (I'm choosing 411) it shows £99 then once you click through to schedule a test centre it drops to £55.

Maybe some exams are still £99 but prior to xmas I just thought it was a case that prometric were charging £99 and vue £55 so they weren't showing both prices.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Member

Certifications
    MCTS 70-680, ITIL V3 Foundation
    I just tried the same and still £99, oh well at least there is a 2nd shot on them at the minute. Best get labbing and try getting the 410 done!
    Cheers
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. R's child has far to go thatguy67's Avatar

Certifications
    CCNA:R&S, Linux+/LPIC-1/CLA, MCSA:Server 2012, SCS:DLP 12, Security+, VCP5-DCV
    Maybe this sounds stupid...but we have to simply take Microsoft's word for it? There is nothing indicating a code or anything like that when you register for the exam. If we take any qualified exam during this period, it's only when we schedule the retake that it's free?

I guess a problem with Second Shot a year ago gives me this hesitant feeling.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Reticulating splines... iBrokeIT's Avatar

Certifications
    GCIH, GSEC, VCAP5-DCA, VCP5-DCV, MCITP:EA, MCSA 2003/08
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy67 View Post
    Maybe this sounds stupid...but we have to simply take Microsoft's word for it? There is nothing indicating a code or anything like that when you register for the exam. If we take any qualified exam during this period, it's only when we schedule the retake that it's free?

I guess a problem with Second Shot a year ago gives me this hesitant feeling.
    I guess we can't take Microsoft for their word because someone somewhere once had a problem You're right it does sound stupid.

They also switched testing vendors from Prometric to Pearson Vue and changed the Second Shot process.

Yes, according to the terms if you schedule the retake within 30 days its free.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by iBrokeIT View Post
    I guess we can't take Microsoft for their word because someone somewhere once had a problem You're right it does sound stupid.

They also switched testing vendors from Prometric to Pearson Vue and changed the Second Shot process.

A word of caution, make sure you're really ready for an exam because with this offer it's quite easy to clock up exam attempts and I think you can only take the same exam 5 times in a year.

About this time last year I attempted 410 because I just thought what the hell, I can have a crack at it and do the re-take, in the end I did it on my 3rd attempt (technically it was my 4th time but that's another story !) after a lot more time had passed and I'd put in some solid study.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, AccessData Mobile Examiner, MCP, MTA (98-365)
    Tagging this for use later.

B
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Well that's awesome!!!!!!!! I already failed twice this would of came in handy right about now.. but it's okay I won't need it when I take my 70-410 in march... wish me lucky again!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member
    Great news.

hmm, still costs the same in Australia unless i am doing something wrong.? I just went from the MS website to register for an exam unless going straight via VUE makes it cheaper?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by alokin123 View Post
    hmm, still costs the same in Australia unless i am doing something wrong.? I just went from the MS website to register for an exam unless going straight via VUE makes it cheaper?
    Not sure why there's a difference to be honest but maybe it's to do with where you take the exam, it's showing as £55 for both 411 & 412 when I've looked at booking so it doesn't appear to be for just 411.
    Last edited by pjd007; 01-13-2015 at 10:12 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Member

Certifications
    MCSE + I, MCSE 2003, MCSE -Messaging MCITP 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by iBrokeIT View Post

Hey iBrokeIT! Don't be so quick to give thatguy67 a hard time.

The way it's SUPPOSED to work is that when you fail an exam, there should be a retake link that appears on your cert dashboard, or will appear after you select the test.

However...I've spent the last couple of days arguing with both MS and Pearson who keep pointing fingers at each other because the second shot thing isn't getting turned on for me.

I passed an exam the week before, and the results were uploaded to MS in less than 24 hours. But when I failed the test on Saturday, they're saying that the upload failed. I just manually submitted my failed report to MS, and they're going to have to manually enter it in their DB.

So yeah, Second Shot is still having problems.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks