+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I understand some of it but the one that get me is the GPO, permission and AD section of the exam. I plan on studying this for the next month then trying it again. it's taken me a long time taking these exam it's time i pass. UGH!!! ...
    2017 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2017 - *MCSA* / 2017 - *Security+*
    2018 - *CEH* / 2018 - * Pen Tester*
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie1277 View Post
    I understand some of it but the one that get me is the GPO, permission and AD section of the exam. I plan on studying this for the next month then trying it again. it's taken me a long time taking these exam it's time i pass. UGH!!! ...
    What I've been doing recently is trying to make little scenarios for a hypothetical company to force myself to create certain scenarios.

So, I would give myself something like "This company has 3 departments, they all need an individual folder for their department, and each user gets a folder inside of that. The owner can see every folder, but the 2 other departments can only see their own folders".

Just things to force me to think outside of the box and experiment with permissions.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Mac Integration Basics
    Quote Originally Posted by actionhank1786 View Post
    What I've been doing recently is trying to make little scenarios for a hypothetical company to force myself to create certain scenarios.

So, I would give myself something like "This company has 3 departments, they all need an individual folder for their department, and each user gets a folder inside of that. The owner can see every folder, but the 2 other departments can only see their own folders".

Just things to force me to think outside of the box and experiment with permissions.
    good work !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

I remember that setting for the own folder... lol... I will try that and follow some lab work that I have ... we will see how that goes.

My Goal for the Future
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ed_003 View Post
    good work !
    It definitely makes it a bit easier to think of how to apply things in a real world sense.

Instead of just thinking of things in abstracts, you have to think of how you would group and grant access based on the needs of a user. It's going to help for work too. The main IT guy here literally has one shared folder...and it's open to everyone in the company, which means anyone can add and delete things as they see fit.

As anyone can imagine, it's currently a massive disaster with files and folders scattered all over, with no rhyme or reason to where they go.

I counted 15 copies of a shortcut to one folder yesterday, and someone even managed to make a shortcut link to their own desktop...so that's neat.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by actionhank1786 View Post
    It definitely makes it a bit easier to think of how to apply things in a real world sense.

Instead of just thinking of things in abstracts, you have to think of how you would group and grant access based on the needs of a user. It's going to help for work too. The main IT guy here literally has one shared folder...and it's open to everyone in the company, which means anyone can add and delete things as they see fit.

As anyone can imagine, it's currently a massive disaster with files and folders scattered all over, with no rhyme or reason to where they go.

I counted 15 copies of a shortcut to one folder yesterday, and someone even managed to make a shortcut link to their own desktop...so that's neat.

Ya if that was me i would of clean that up a long time ago. have everyone have there own folder, dept folder, and a share folder. Put size quote on the share folder and stuff. But everyone runs there network a different way. Doing real world thing and lab for the exam are so different... Started reading and labbing last night once again. have about 2 months to study before the exam.

My Goal for the Future
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    MCITP: EA / 70-417 / 70-413
    For me it works to draw everything on paper, just a quick sketch. After that adding the things i've learned to the drawing, for example DNSSec, trying to remember as much as possible. Once everything is added I return to the notes I've created and compare it to the drawing, if everything is written down perfectly I move on to the next subject.

I repeat the same scenario the next day, and the day after. After repeating it for 2 days I'll leave it until i can barely remember the scenario.
    Drawing, interleaving and repeating works as a charm for me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSA Server 2008, VCP 5 DCV, CompTIA A+, Net+, 70-640, 70-642, 70-620, 70-646
    I'm sorry to hear about the failed exam. Realize it's not a total failure unless you actually give up on the exam. Keep on trucking, it will make that passing score all the more satisfying.

These exams are geared towards people that have daily hands on experience with servers. I had this same issue with my first 2008 R2 exam, it took 3 times for me to pass it because I had very little real world experience. Sure I read a few books and had a lab but until you actually do it day to day it's difficult to pass an exam that will ask you specific questions.

I would suggest taking a break for a week or two - completely unplug and get yourself straight. I would then suggest just doing lab after lab after lab - that's the best way IMO to pass these exams because their questions are so specific.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by Lexluethar View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about the failed exam. Realize it's not a total failure unless you actually give up on the exam. Keep on trucking, it will make that passing score all the more satisfying.

These exams are geared towards people that have daily hands on experience with servers. I had this same issue with my first 2008 R2 exam, it took 3 times for me to pass it because I had very little real world experience. Sure I read a few books and had a lab but until you actually do it day to day it's difficult to pass an exam that will ask you specific questions.

I would suggest taking a break for a week or two - completely unplug and get yourself straight. I would then suggest just doing lab after lab after lab - that's the best way IMO to pass these exams because their questions are so specific.

Well I took about 1 week off from really studying. This weekend I will start once again on my lab work and other studying. I have 2 books that I'm reviewing and one of them is a lab book i could use. I really plan on passing this exam this time around.

My Goal for the Future
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Cloud+, Server+, Security+, MCSA: 2012, CEH, VCP550
    Well I took about 1 week off from really studying. This weekend I will start once again on my lab work and other studying. I have 2 books that I'm reviewing and one of them is a lab book i could use. I really plan on passing this exam this time around.
    Any luck with this test? I feel like I am in the same boat, I failed 3 times, each time getting better and my last time was a score of 605. I am thinking of studying for and taking the 74-409 exam as a side-track. This way I will be an expert in Hyper-V for the 410.
    2017 Goals: CCNA Cyber Ops
    2018 Goals: CCNA, VCP6, CSA+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, MCSE x10... and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by tmurphy3100 View Post
    Any luck with this test? I feel like I am in the same boat, I failed 3 times, each time getting better and my last time was a score of 605. I am thinking of studying for and taking the 74-409 exam as a side-track. This way I will be an expert in Hyper-V for the 410.
    Don't give up or become distracted, double down and get there. You are so close!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

I think i will sign up to a video site or something. I know cbtnuggest is not good i was thinking of doing the other site. can't remember at the moment but I will look around.

My Goal for the Future
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, MCSE x10... and many more
    I think i will sign up to a video site or something. I know cbtnuggest is not good i was thinking of doing the other site. can't remember at the moment but I will look around.
    The other one that I know of is Pluralsight, and they aren't any better. I think there is something advertised on Groupon, too... but if it were good I don't think that it would have to rely on Groupon for its traffic.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

I can't really find a good coupon for Pluralsight. I seen some 40% off but those look like spam sites. I watched some of the videos a while back, and thought they would be good to learn from on this exam. The cbtnugget site is okay but don't really like how james teaches. I guess my job is paying for it i should take advantage of it.

My Goal for the Future
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks