+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Passed MCSE!

Congrats and thanks for sharing.
    2017 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2017 - *MCSA* / 2017 - *Security+*
    2018 - *CEH* / 2018 - * Pen Tester*
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Bello

Certifications
    MCSA Server 2012
    Nice work, I’ve got two exams from the 2012 left to do before MCSE.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+ce, Server+, Project+, MCSA Server 2008, CCENT, CCNA R&S, CEHv8, CHFIv8, CCNA Security
    That is totally awesome! Congratulations on the myriad of passes!

I am currently using multiple study prep tools to upgrade my MCSA Server 2008 to MCSA/MCSE Server 2012: Server Infrastructure. I have a few questions regarding my study techniques. Without violating NDA, can you tell me what you did to keep track of the differences between 2012 and 2012 R2? Also, did you do every lab objective in graphical and Powershell? I remember having a lot of Powershell in the Server 2008/2008 R2 exams, but I've heard that the 2012/R2 exams have even more. I plan on taking the 70-417, which combines the 410, 411, and 412 in one exam. They are presented in 3 modules in the same exam, and you have to pass all three modules in order to get certified. I greatly appreciate any advice you could give!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    MCSE Server Infrastructure, MCSA 2012, VCP5-DCV
    Firstly, thanks to everyone for the congratulations.

PCTechLinc: It's important to know which features are new in R2, but I just made a note as I went through each objective if it was a new feature. Did I lab everything twice? No, not every lab, but I did make sure I was familiar with both methods, and especially where the GUI and PS processes were different, or where you could do something in one but not the other. 70-417 sounds tough, but looking on the bright side it's only one exam, and you might be lucky with the questions. Shame the second shot promotion has finished. Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    BS:IT WGU, Network+, A+, Security+, Project+, CIW Web Foundations, CIW Database Design, CIW Web Design, CIW Javascript, Linux+, Microsoft MTA
    Congrats! I am considering this route and this has been a good reference.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    <3 the detailed OP on the certification, will use this for my own study, Koodos!

Congrats on pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks