+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+
    Quote Originally Posted by poolmanjim View Post
    I would discourage anyone from the one server and one client lab environment. There is a lot at play in even the 70-410 exam. You probably want at least 2 servers and one client just to make sure you have one spare server to cover more ground. Think about it, if you mess up that one server you have to start the whole thing over again (which will happen, mind you). Whereas with 2, 3, or 4 servers you can work on other aspects of your lab environment while the server you ruined is rebuilding.

I found it worked best for me to have at least 5 servers and one client. VMs do not take up tons of space and you can really play with the settings that way. Especially if you use dyanmic memory and differencing disks for your environment.

When you get to the 411 and 412 you'll easily start pushing beyond 5 servers to test the different exam requirements so its good to start practicing with larger environments early.
    I stated that you would be better off with more than one server but it could be done with one. You can easily get by with only two servers and a client for 70-410. To test GPOs, you move the workstation from one OU to the other. Obviously you would want more servers and clients but for 70-410, 2 servers and a workstation is adequate.
    Last edited by j-man; 02-23-2016 at 02:41 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
    Yeah I'm thinking more along the lines of keeping it smaller to start with just to go through the exam criteria. I've just finished the CBT nuggets series and I'm going to start the labs now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks