+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Which certification for sys admin?

I just completed my bsc It and applied for interviews but they want more knowledge for desktop support or sys admin.so as a fresher what is correct path for sys admin like mcsa or mcse .and what do I do meanwhile certification and also do I need ccna .pls tell path for sys admin.job need 2 year of exp so what do I do for it.no job availability in India.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    It's quite common to go for the MCSA/MCSE certs as they are server based, which is what you need. However, the role of sysadmin stretches across different fields of IT, and, depending on the type of sysadmin role, you will be required to look after the entire infrastructure and users within your organisation.

I would recommend going for a few CompTIA certs as well, as this will give you a good foundation on basic IT technologies and technical support. Go for the A+ first, and then move onto the Network+. This will give you more of an insight to IT hardware and user support, as well as basic networking concepts. You can move onto Cisco certs after that if you want, but the CompTIA certs should be enough for now. Once you're in the role, just train yourself up and keep earning certifications.

Once you have the A+ and Net+, you can either go straight to the MCSA if you want, or you can do an OS based cert first like I did. I did the 70-680 and 686, which I can use to upgrade to the MCSA just with one exam. It's not necessarily essential, but if you want to improve your knowledge and push yourself ahead of the other job applicants, this will help. You can either do the Windows 7 cert (which is still widely used by the way) or go straight for the Windows 10 exam (70-697/698.) but I don't know if there's an upgrade path for this yet.

I hope that gives you some insight to want you need. From someone who's been a sysadmin before, I couldn't recommend these exams enough. Take a look at my cert path if you want, and browse TechExams for other users advice and experience. This site will give you a lot of help towards your career and you will meet some interesting people. Good luck with your future ambitions!
    Currently working at: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697)
    2018/2019 Goals: MCSE: Mobility, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    MCSA Windows Server 2012, MCSA Windows 10, MCSA Windows 8, Sonicwall Certified Security Administrator (retired), ITIL v2 Foundation
    If someone has a Bsc in IT... why does this person need A+ or Network+?
    I consider these certs pretty basic and someone who has a Bsc in IT should not need them... correct me if i'm wrong

I'd go straight for an MCSA of your choice. If you want to do desktop support, go for MCSA Win 10, for server go for MCSA Server 2016.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    I've not done a Bsc so I wouldn't know unfortunately, but the CompTIA certs are a basic foundation for someone starting in IT. Also CompTIA is widely recognized by a lot of companies and the A+ is favoured by HR (entry level cert yes but it gets you the job). I managed to get my first sysadmin job just by having my A+ and 2x MTAs, and then gained more certs and knowledge while in the job.
    Currently working at: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697)
    2018/2019 Goals: MCSE: Mobility, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    Thanx soon much guys!this means a lot.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks