+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCENT, ITIL Foundation, MCSA Office 365, MCSA Windows 8, MCSA Windows 10

Default Has anyone passed MCSA Windows Server 2012 using electives in last 2 months?

Hi All,
    since I am having discussion with MS regarding their removal of option to use one of the electives instead of 70-412 exam in order to acquire MCSA Windows Server 2012 and MS is pretty much stating that this option was removed on end of the March 2017, I would like to ask if anyone here who passed it this way in last two months and would be willing to share their certification transcript so I can force MS to look into this further.

Thanks in advance.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member NetworkingStudent's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, and Security+. MTA: OS
    I though you could take the 70-409 in place of of the 70-412?
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkingStudent View Post
    I though you could take the 70-409 in place of of the 70-412?
    According to MS from end of March 2017 not anymore, but they never posted it anywhere. Only valid path according to them is to take 70-410, 70-411 and 70-412.

Nevertheless there are people on this forum who stated that they got it using electives just few weeks ago so I am calling them out to share their cert transcript so we can get MS straight on this...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member NetworkingStudent's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, and Security+. MTA: OS
    Quote Originally Posted by atavius View Post
    According to MS from end of March 2017 not anymore, but they never posted it anywhere. Only valid path according to them is to take 70-410, 70-411 and 70-412.

Nevertheless there are people on this forum who stated that they got it using electives just few weeks ago so I am calling them out to share their cert transcript so we can get MS straight on this...
    I would talk to Greg...
    In this thread he says he got the MCSA Windows Server 2012 and passed the 70-409.

Guess who just Joined the MCSA Club.......74-409 Done.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Self-Described Huguenot blargoe's Avatar

Certifications
    VCAP5-DCA; VCP 3/4/5/6 (DCV); EMCSA:CLARiiON; Linux+; MCSE:M 2000/2003; MCSE:S 2000/2003; MCTS:Exch2007; Security+; A+; CCNA (expired)
    Why don't you send an email to the MCP team at Microsoft and get it straight from the horse's mouth?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 3/22/2017 - Passed Microsoft 70-412; 2/11/2017 - Completed VCP6-DCV (passed 2V0-621)
    Working on: MCSA 2012 upgrade from 2003 (to heck with 2008!!), more Linux, AWS Solution Architect (Associate)
    Thinking about: VCP6-CMA, MCSA 2016, Python, VCAP6-DCD (for completing VCIX)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkingStudent View Post
    I would talk to Greg...
    In this thread he says he got the MCSA Windows Server 2012 and passed the 70-409.

Guess who just Joined the MCSA Club.......74-409 Done.
    I already asked him to, but he sent me only screen shot of his cert planner which is useless since it does not contain any dates.

Quote Originally Posted by blargoe View Post
    Why don't you send an email to the MCP team at Microsoft and get it straight from the horse's mouth?
    I am talking to them and all they said so far that this was discontinued at the end of March 2017. When I told them that there are people who got it just a few weeks ago this way they asked to provide cert transcript so they could check it...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member

Certifications
    VCA6-DCV, MS, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
    If Microsoft said "this was discontinued at the end of March 2017" - where is the proof? Where the link with this information?
    Last edited by caliostro; 07-11-2017 at 06:40 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks