+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, MCP

Default Back on the studies after a very long hiatus

Hello again everyone,

I had started a thread on here back in January regarding my pursuit of the 70-410 exam. however, to sound like a broken record - things did not go according to plan.

I ended up getting massively consumed with work and it took until now to really muster up the willpower and motivation to pass this exam.

My company put me and a number of my colleagues through a course that was being taught by our own in-house trainer. I had some concerns about how much of the curriculum the course actually covered. and as a result purchased the MSFT self study guide and read that as well. Unfortunately it confirmed what i had already feared - the course material was extremely light on just about all of the exam objectives. not sure what i can and can't say about certain courses so i will leave them unnamed.

I purchased the transcender practice exams as i have done for my other IT studies, first time around landed me at a frankly embarrassing 30%. But not to be disheartened i looked at my score and focused on my weaker areas and a week or 2 later came back to it. this time i got 66%.

there is a tangible improvement, which i am happy about but still have work to do.

the plan is to start checking in either weekly or bi-weekly to try and get some routine again, and ideally get this passed before the end of October.

Wish me luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA: R&S, MCP, MCPS
    Good to see you are motivated to come back. Since you already begun reviewing and have a general understanding of the exam, I think passing by the end of next month is reasonable. Assuming you stay consistent these next 4-5 weeks and put in at least a couple hours studying per day.

Best of luck! Keep us posted!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, MCP
    Thanks for the support

I am currently trying to fill the gaps in the 2 books i have with technet reading. the sticky on this forum is fantastic for that, I forget off the top of my head who authored that post - but it is very much appreciated!

I haven't booked my exam yet - i want to consistently pass the transcender exams and flashcard tests before i book it. the goal remains the end of next month, though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks