+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Powershell

1. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNA: R&S, MCSA-2012, VCP-DCV, Linux+

Default Powershell

Dear All,

Can anyone suggest me a good book or video series for learning Powershell and Powershell scripting? I have learned some Powershell while doing my MCSA (2012) but really want to increase my standard in this Technology. Thanks in advance and Happy Holiday!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    eCPPT, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure,FW), LFCS, CEH, PA ACE
    Last edited by chrisone; 12-29-2017 at 07:12 PM.
    2018 Goals: SANS Advanced Security Essentials - Enterprise Defender (complete, not going for cert), SpecterOps: Adversary Tactics Red Team OPS (complete), eCPPT (obtained), OSCP PWK (2nd Attempt), Demystifying Regular Expressions (in progress), SLAE (October Start), OSCE CTP (DEC Start)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    CCNA,
    CBTNUGGETs has a Powershell series by D. Jones which is pretty in depth. You can try that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    Honestly the best way is to find things you want to do and learn how to use powershell to accomplish it. Usually by Googling. I know I keep coming up with more and more ways to use it all the time. Start small and keep adding more complex things.

SAPIEN Powershell Studio is awesome for creating GUI interfaces for your scripts as well. I know people on my team at work don't care to learn Powershell so what I have been doing is creating apps with this program for my team to use.
    Last edited by NetworkNewb; 01-03-2018 at 02:30 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSA: Server 2012/2016, MCSE: CP&I
    Learning Powershell is less like learning how to install Windows or configure a DNS Server and more like learning a programming language. All the book reading in the world isn't going to teach you a whole lot.

My advise, is to get a lab of some kind running and just start messing with Powershell. Use google to find commands and syntax that do what you would like and just keep moving on. Hands-on is the best way to learn Powershell.

Also, if you are learning Powershell specifically with MCSA/MCSE in mind, most books cover scripting. The tests cover more what command does what, no book is going to cover that in the detail you want.
    2018 Goals: Security+
    2019 Goals: 70-744, CISSP
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks