+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Default failed the 70-412

Scored: 602, I swear i hate these microsoft exams, every single time i failed them at least once after studying for months. I guess its back to studying.

Anyone got any recommendations on best book for passing this course. Currently using the exam reference and MCSA complete sutdy guide by william panek.

Weakest areas: Configuring the active directory infrastructure , and Identity and access solutions
    Last edited by majorpayne; 01-09-2018 at 02:23 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSA: Server 2012/2016, MCSE: CP&I
    For the 412 I used that book and found it to be a bit of a joke.

I used the Mastering Windows Server 2012 book to cover some of my weaker areas and used a whole boat load of Technets to help me work my way through the material.

AD section is going to focus hard on trusts and constrained delegation. Understand your trust directions. With constrained delegation know how to set it up for websites, that is the most common example I've seen in all my study guides.

For Identity focus mostly on Certificate Services and ADFS. Know how to setup certificate services, read up on Certutil, and know what is configured on the different tabs for a certificate template. For AD FS, know when to uses WAP, read up on Work folders, read up on Workplace Join, know the difference between a relying party and a claims provider and the way the trusts for ADFS go.

Good luck. Hit me up if you run into any road blocks, I still have a lot of my old notes.
    2018 Goals: Security+
    2019 Goals: 70-744, CISSP
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks