+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Starcraft Engineer

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+, MCSA 2003, MCTS Win 7, AD, Net Infrastructure

Default System Center 2012 vs 2007

My employer is willing to send me to training for System Center, although for the purpose of learning it more deeply rather than certification. I figure I might as well go for a certification if I am going to do the training. That being said, we have deployed SCCM 2007 R3, not 2012. Has anyone had a chance to work much with 2012? Is it so different from 2007 R3 that training for it would not help?

Just trying to kill two birds with one stone. If I learn 2012 and it helps us deploy that later while still helping me with 2007 R3 now, that's great. If they're so different that learning 2012 now won't help, I won't waste the time just my own certification purposes.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Linux +, Backup Academy, MCP, MCSA, MCTIP:SA, MCTS:(SharePoint 2007/2010, Hyper-V, Exchange 07, Vista), Microsoft MVP
    Hi,

Learning SCCM 2012 is a good move especially if you plan to migrate to it in the near future. It will help you prepare for that migration.
    There are some differences but a good amount of the fundamentals will be the same and or similar to 2007 R3.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks