+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSE NT4.0
    @Bohack, do you feel that your videos, the books you suggest and labs will be sufficient to pass the 410 exam. The reason I ask is that I am looking for 1 deal comprehensive package so to speak. There is so much info out there from EliTheComputerGuy to all sorts and i find I am chasing my tail and not really accomplishing much.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member

Default 40-710 Exam Studying

What is the best way to study for the 70-410 server 2012 exam?

I have done all kinds of practice exams as well as the one from Microsoft and I was scoring how on them but when i took the test it was nothing to what I was studying at all

Is there a better way to study or something that is good for studying for the test
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by alongtin View Post

I have done all kinds of practice exams as well as the one from Microsoft and I was scoring how on them but when i took the test it was nothing to what I was studying at all

Is there a better way to study or something that is good for studying for the test
    This is a good question. I know how you feel I'm on the same boat as you.
    2017 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2017 - *MCSA* / 2017 - *Security+*
    2018 - *CEH* / 2018 - * Pen Tester*
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alongtin View Post

This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. People have recommended Sybex (which is what I'm using) but per reviews on the net, many people find it to be lacking lots of details.. making the book really not that useful at all.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, ITIL V3 Foundation, VCA6-DCV, CEH
    Quote Originally Posted by illmortalized View Post
    This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. People have recommended Sybex (which is what I'm using) but per reviews on the net, many people find it to be lacking lots of details.. making the book really not that useful at all.
    I'm currently reading this book, MCSA 70-410 Cert Guide R2: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.

So far I'm happy with the content. And I'm using this in conjunction with pluralsight.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Great set of links and info!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, Network+, A+, MCP, 70-410, 70-411, CSA+
    Sybex is horrible in my opinion. I started with the book and did some of their flash cards. I was felling really good bout what I learned until I started doing an online training course MS provides my company. From the first video I realized there was TONS of information missing from the Sybex curriculum. Just my two cents.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+ (N10-003), 70-620(MCTS Windows Vista)
    I'm having a terrible time studying for this exam.. There seems to be sooo many resources out there which many have used.. I can't seem to get past the first 3 chapters.. My head is spinning lol.. I keep asking myself where the hell do I start and with what material first?!? do videos/labs before reading or reading before labs/videos ughh.. Anyone else having this problem..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSA: Server 2012/2016, MCSE: CP&I
    I've struggled with that with nearly every test. Initially it seems like a lot to take in, and it is. Take your time, study what you can when you can and eventually it starts looking less crazy. Use your lab time to reinforce what you know and once you have covered everything on a surface level, try to alternate topics. If you like reading about Installing Windows but hate reading about Group Policy, alternate don't try to study one whole section all at once; you'll burn out.
    2017 Goals: MCSA : Server 2016; MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure BOTH COMPLETED!
    2018 Goals: Security+
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member
    Just wanted to say thanks for the link, gives me a structured guide to follow and get everything I need covered.
    Best part about it is they have 411 & 412 as well, so fully covered.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    BS Computer Programming and Information Systems
    Quote Originally Posted by Gago77 View Post
    Sybex is horrible in my opinion. I started with the book and did some of their flash cards. I was felling really good bout what I learned until I started doing an online training course MS provides my company. From the first video I realized there was TONS of information missing from the Sybex curriculum. Just my two cents.
    1. Read chapter 1
    2. Watch Video on material found in Chapter 1
    3. Do Lab on chapter 1 material

4. Read chapter 2
    5. Watch Video on material found in Chapter 2
    6. Do Lab on chapter 2 material

etc.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Social Networking & Bookmarks