+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSA,MCSE
    i only need the 70-414 for the MCSE but I can't find any info regarding a book for this exam, I know the content is being updated to R2 for 413/414 but is there going to be a book available for this with R2 content in the near future?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE
    I bought the 70-414 book 18 months ago on Amazon and keep getting emails with changed release dates, I am taking the test in a month so I am sure I will cancel the book unless I fail
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE
    The 413 and 414 are supposed to update at the end of April if I am remembering correctly. I do not feel like searching for the posting. Either way my 413 is on the 29th of this month and my 414 is on the 21 of April
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Learn it, Do it, Know it! Asif Dasl's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2008/7 MCITP:EA/SA EDST/EST MCSE'03 SBS'08/'03 MCDST A+ N+ Sec+ Srv+ VCP5-DCV VCA-DCV/Cloud
    Quote Originally Posted by elad123 View Post
    i only need the 70-414 for the MCSE but I can't find any info regarding a book for this exam, I know the content is being updated to R2 for 413/414 but is there going to be a book available for this with R2 content in the near future?
    The 70-414 book is on the UK Microsoft website which says March 31st but I would not believe that, on Amazon.com it says July 25th! Server 2012 went RTM August 2012 - there is nearly a 2 year wait for books at this stage!

Good luck with the exams netsysllc!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSA,MCSE
    So are people just using technet / cbt nuggets to find the material for the 414 exam? I personally really like to have a book to read even if its complete rubbish like the 413 book at least it points you to all the relevant stuff on technet.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Learn it, Do it, Know it! Asif Dasl's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSA:2008/7 MCITP:EA/SA EDST/EST MCSE'03 SBS'08/'03 MCDST A+ N+ Sec+ Srv+ VCP5-DCV VCA-DCV/Cloud
    Yeah, TechNet / CBT Nuggets / Pluralsight / Microsoft Official Curriculum - I'm not a fan of the MOCs personally, but I like having a book no matter how crap too.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, ITILv3, MCSA:2003:2012, MCITP:EA,VCP5
    Here is a compilation of material for the 70-414 that I found and am using to study along with the CBT Nuggets.

MCP Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure (70-414)

And here is the one I used to pass the70-413 in addition to CBT Nuggets and the Exam Ref book.

MCP Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure (70-413)
    Last edited by netBooger; 03-22-2014 at 09:34 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member
    this is useful for 70-414 as well:

Mellquist.dk » MCSE 70-414
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alokin123 View Post
    careeracademy was running a competition on their facebook page giving away a free course to people who liked their page and i managed to win a free course. I have asked for 70-413 so will see if they give it to me and advise of the quality. I am a bit short on cash because of other priorities so nice if this turns out to be a good exam prep.
    I might also add that the careeracademy training for 70-413 is very lousy. I am glad i got free access. How they can charge $495 is beyond me. There is no coverage of VMM topic and the funny part i found was about domain renaming. The video was basically "don't do it; its to hard." No explanation of the steps involved.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSA,MCSE
    any one tried Video 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure ? I didn't even know measureup did video training. Cost is completely ridiculously at $495 but thought it would at least be worth asking if anyone here had used it.

I have a hard time reading technet to study for exams, reading a technet article for a specific technology when your at work is one thing, but going through hundreds of technet pages in the space of a few weeks to study for an exam kind of drives me nuts. Really hope someone releases a book in the near future for this exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elad123 View Post
    any one tried Video 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure ? I didn't even know measureup did video training. Cost is completely ridiculously at $495 but thought it would at least be worth asking if anyone here had used it..
    I have a feeling these are the videos from careeracademy: Exam 70
    Don't know if its worth it. This reseller has it cheaper if you do want it.: 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure

Its really annoying that Measureup and Transcender would release practice exams for 70-413 and not for 70-414 when you need to pass both to become an MCSE.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, ITILv3, MCSA:2003:2012, MCITP:EA,VCP5
    I personally can't justify spending $500 on CBT videos for a single Microsoft test, or any other study material for a Microsoft test. As for a 70-414 book, I wouldn't hold your breath especially since the test is changing next month. The earliest you will likely see a 70-414 book is in July when the official Exam Ref releases (assuming it doesn't get delayed again).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member
    There is a possibilty R2 might be in the MCSE exams as early as the 7th of April...

Look at the last post on this blog:

MCSA: Windows 8 and MCSA: Windows Server 2012 exams to be updated January 28, 2014 - Born to Learn - Born To Learn - Born to Learn
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE
    this page says April 24th, I sure hope so, I am taking both on the 21st
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member
    confirmed for the 7th of April... I do 70-413 tomorrow. Not sure about 70-414. Surely they have known for a while what the new exam objectives are going to be.

Capture1.JPG
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE
    So I took the test today to try and beat the update on the 7th and guess what, the test was loaded with tons of R2 stuff which I was not ready for.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks