+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA: R&S

Default Need tips for getting started with MCSA

I just completed my CCNA ICND2 exam today and am looking to go for the MCSA next, but I need some general advice about the best methods for self study. I had no prior networking knowledge/experience and simply used videos such as CBT Nuggets and Trainsignal along with the Cisco press books to pass my Cisco exams. After I learned the material I practised labs and practice exams. Now that I am looking at the MCSA, I was hoping that someone, or several people, could point me in the right direction in regard to self study material. I have the CBT nugget videos; what other materials in the way of books, videos and anything else helpful is suggested for someone with no real experience besides informal, albeit quite geeky, knowledge of desktop windows? I have an old desktop set up with server 2012 so that I can get some hands on practice. I'm sure that will come in handy before long. Also, I know that Cisco and Microsoft exams differ a fair bit in style and such, but what is the general difficulty and workload requirement of the MCSA in comparison the the CCNA? If I was able to successfully, and relatively easily, complete the CCNA course via self study and no previous experience, is it reasonable to expect that I could do the same with the MCSA? Thanks in advance for the help.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    GSEC,GCIH,GSNA,GCCC, All AWS Certifications
    There are threads by Asif Dasl detailing eveything you need to crack the 410 , 411 and 412. Look them up on the forum and you are good to go !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNP,A+, N+, ACMT, 70-680/685/410/411/412, CCNA Voice
    Idk if is a "Requirement" anymore but you probably wanna start with 70-680/685 or the Windows 8 counter parts to have the client side of things first and go to MCSA server after.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA: R&S
    Thanks, Chanakyajupudi, I tracked down the treads and will definitely use the info.

Zandokan, thanks for the tip. I'll look into that and find out which is a better for me to start with.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks