+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default New r2 content using old materials question?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1118511611/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1380550105&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165 link to book

I have bought the 70-411 book which does not have the new r2 content in I won't be sitting the exam until after January.

I purchased the book as I have just completed 70-410 and didn't want to wait until the middle of next year for new materials to be available

Question is how will I bridge the gap between 2012 70-411 content and 70-411r2 exam assessment criteria ? If I go into the exam say March I don't want there to be massive holes in my knowledge but how would I know what extra to study? Is there that much change?

Not very happy with Microsoft never having good quality study material available until 6 months after the exam is released makes it so difficult to learn

Any advice appreciated
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    VCP5-DCV,MCSA 2012/2003/2000,MCTS:Windows 2008 Active Directory, Configuring, CompTIA A+, Network+
    I agree it is frustrating. This may be a good starting place:
    What's New in Windows Server 2012 R2
    What's New in Windows Server 2012 R2
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    Thank you for the link

Just wondering how other people are planning on doing this? As nice as technet articles are prefer a book easier to read than a computer screen
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat007 View Post
    Not very happy with Microsoft never having good quality study material available until 6 months after the exam is released makes it so difficult to learn

Any advice appreciated
    Is that typically how it is with MS books and exams? If it is I will just focus on CCNA since I can get free classes, then start on MCSA 2012 in Summer 2014.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks