+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA (expired)Studying LInux and Pyhon

Default Question about studying for the MCSA Certification

What are the best books to used for studying for this certification. When I studied for my cisco certs I used the cisopress and they were dead on.

Can I assume the same for Microsoft Press.

i noticed Windows Server 2012 preview is available for free download. Will this suffice for practice software?
    Last edited by goldenlight; 10-01-2013 at 09:06 PM.
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA Sec, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CISSP
    Interested to hear replies on this one myself, I'm going to do the upgrade to MCSA 2012 in the near future. But if the 2012 books are anything like the 2008 books, then no. I bought the MS Press books and was severely disappointed. I bought the Pearson book for the 640 and liked it a lot better, for the other 2 tests I just went with the MS Press books that I had already bought and spent a lot of time on Technet supplementing the books. I liked the Step-by-Step guides on Technet as a great place to start for labbing up just about any topic.

You can get an evaluation copy of Server 2012 here. I'd stay away from preview editions.
    Download Windows Server 2012

Edit: I guess if we're already talking 2012R2 updates on the exam, you might as well grab a copy of the r2 preview.
    Last edited by alan2308; 10-02-2013 at 12:06 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ok thanks.. Now I just need to find some good books and I will be set..
    The Only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it keep looking. Don't settle - Steve Jobs
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    Administering Windows Server 2012 (70-411), Installing and Configuring Server 2012 (70-410), Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure (70-642)
    @goldenlight I used this book for the 70-410: Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012: Craig Zacker: 9780735673168: Amazon.com: Books and used this one for the 70-411 Amazon.com: Training Guide: Administering Windows Server 2012 eBook: Orin Thomas: Books.

They were ok for me and I have passed both on first go... I am currently studying for the 70-412 using the Sybex MCSA Guide Amazon.com: MCSA Windows Server 2012 Complete Study Guide: Exams 70-410, 70-411, 70-412, and 70-417 eBook: William Panek: Books

Hopefully that will be good enough for the 70-412
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Mcse 2012

Hi, I am new to IT world and preparing for MCSE 70-410. I have completed Craig Zacker 70-410. I reviewed few websites and they recommend brain dumps. Is it real and if so which website is trust worthy for brain dumps?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Mac Integration Basics 10.11, Wireless#, CWTS
    Dumps are for chumps!

Sure you MIGHT get enough knowledge to pass the test, but what happens in the real world? Come interview time will you be able to walk the walk? What if they give you a hands on test?

Stay away, FAR AWAY. Not to mention most vendors who find out you used brain dumps can and WILL vacate the certs you passed. It isnt worth it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member Registered Member
    How do i prepare other than these books MCSE 2012
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Should I do the MTA before doing the MCSA exams.. Just curious
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Certifications
    CCNP,A+, N+, ACMT, 70-680/685/410/411/412, CCNA Voice
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenlight View Post
    Should I do the MTA before doing the MCSA exams.. Just curious
    I did 70-680/685 and It has helped me a lot, with 410 and 411 so far.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks