+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 First 12 345 Last
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, A+, Security+, MCP (270,290,291), MCSA, MCSA: Security, MCITP:SA, CIW Professional, BS IT, MSIA
    Quote Originally Posted by msteinhilber View Post
    My college's IT manager blasted the link out to all students in any IS major. And yea, there are some fellow students that after having been through a dozen or so classes with some of them, I know they really do not take their career choice very seriously. It would be a shame to see one of them get a shot at it while other hard working people in the industry or trying to enter the industry that genuinely like their job miss out.

That really sucks but I've seen professors do this alot. I had this professor that was the head of the information assurance department and he would essentially spam all of us with his crap. This guy also taught my cyber law & cyber crime class and still goes around SPAMing us.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Passion For IT

Certifications
    MCTS, MCITP, MCP, A+, Server+, Security+, Project+, CCENT, CCNA-Sec, CEH, CHFI
    The Pilot exam with the 3 free exam vouchers was publicized quite a bit, too, and there was plenty of open spots. I was able to get in on that (luckily!). It seemed to be a better deal (although I WANT this one, bad!). So, I'm optimistic that this one will be available for most people.
    A few certs here and there and everywhere...
    AAS: Computer Security
    BS: Information Technology - Security (WGU)
    MS: Information Security & Assurance (WGU)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    TechExam Certified Alien Abduction Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by PC509 View Post
    The Pilot exam with the 3 free exam vouchers was publicized quite a bit, too, and there was plenty of open spots. I was able to get in on that (luckily!). It seemed to be a better deal (although I WANT this one, bad!). So, I'm optimistic that this one will be available for most people.
    I hope there are a lot of idiots like this guy I've seen in a blog

Quote Originally Posted by some idiot
    Are there any dumps yet ? If not then I rather leave it - cannot be *bleep* to waste my time but wouldn't mind getting this *bleep* for free
    I was glad when the owner deleted that comment ..
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Svr+, Sec+, CCNA, MCSE:S, MCITP:EA, 236
    I knew there'd be a thread on this somewhere. I guess I'll try this along with my 647.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, A+, Security+, MCP (270,290,291), MCSA, MCSA: Security, MCITP:SA, CIW Professional, BS IT, MSIA
    Has anybody heard when the prep guide for this exam is going to be released?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Questionably Benevolent Moderator Slowhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    A+, Linux+, Server+, Security+, MCSA 2003, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CCNA(expired), ITIL Foundation v3 (2011), VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WM
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyiop View Post
    Has anybody heard when the prep guide for this exam is going to be released?
    Par for the course is something like 3 - 6 months after the exam goes live, but sometimes they do it sooner. You won't be seeing an official study guide for the beta exam, though.

-------------------------------------------------------
    ITHumidor.net - "Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis"

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Virtual Academy
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top 50 PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
    Par for the course is something like 3 - 6 months after the exam goes live, but sometimes they do it sooner. You won't be seeing an official study guide for the beta exam, though.
    Actually I was just on the technet blog and i read a post saying"

"I just finished the Prep Guide so it will be posted in a few days. Yes, 70-680 will count towards the MCITP:Enterprise Administrator, MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 and MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician 7"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Questionably Benevolent Moderator Slowhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    A+, Linux+, Server+, Security+, MCSA 2003, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CCNA(expired), ITIL Foundation v3 (2011), VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WM
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyiop View Post
    Actually I was just on the technet blog and i read a post saying"

"I just finished the Prep Guide so it will be posted in a few days. Yes, 70-680 will count towards the MCITP:Enterprise Administrator, MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator 7 and MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician 7"
    Sweet! Got a link to that message?

Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand View Post
    Sweet! Got a link to that message?

Beta Exam Announcements : Register for Beta Exam 71-680: TS: Windows 7, Configuring
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+

UPDATE! It's now listed on the MS Learning site - haven't taken an indepth look at it, but it looks like it's similar to the 620 exam.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Passion For IT

Certifications
    MCTS, MCITP, MCP, A+, Server+, Security+, Project+, CCENT, CCNA-Sec, CEH, CHFI
    Cool. A lot more being tested than I thought. This one looks to be more focused on the Enterprise than the Consumer like the 620 was. A lot harder.
    A few certs here and there and everywhere...
    AAS: Computer Security
    BS: Information Technology - Security (WGU)
    MS: Information Security & Assurance (WGU)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member
    Wow, that looks much more like an enterprise exam. Deployment, EFS, NTFS, user profiles, application restrictions, IPv6, remote management, powershell, etc. I haven't even heard of some of the things like BranchCache. I'm way behind

I think I'll be scheduling this for the last possible day. Fingers crossed Prometric doesn't have any problems then...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    okay, so I obviously didn't look at the exam info very closely...I scanned it over while at work & did initially see the part about IPv6 and went "awww crap!", but now that I take another look at it, I'm in agreement with dynamik & PC509 - it's more detailed & less non-domain-user-based than the 620 is/was. Hrm. I'd never heard of BranchCache either, but in doing some googling, it sounds pretty cool. Later this week, I'll have to take some time to really go through the proposed objectives/topics line by line & start digging deeper into Windows 7. And I'm with you dynamik, assuming I get a beta spot, I'll be taking this on the LAST possible day!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Drops by now and again astorrs's Avatar

Certifications
    I have numerous certs from VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, EMC, Nimble Storage, Palo Alto Networks and more...
    BranchCache rocks it's one of the R2 features I'm waiting impatiently for.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member

Certifications
    I just heard about BranchCache and its a really cool idea
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Psychotron Member Megadeth4168's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Server+,Project+,MCSE, CCNA:S, CISSP, CCNP, CEH, GCED
    Just watched the video on BranchCache... Sounds awesome! I can't wait for this Beta... I think I'll be up at midnight attempting to get in!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    Apart from downloading, installing and messing around with Windows 7, what other resources are available for preparing for this test?
    Last edited by gwamaka; 04-23-2009 at 03:51 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Drops by now and again astorrs's Avatar

Certifications
    I have numerous certs from VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, EMC, Nimble Storage, Palo Alto Networks and more...
    Quote Originally Posted by gwamaka View Post
    Apart from downloading, installing and messing around with Windows 7, what other available resources are available for preparing for this test?
    TechNet is going to be your best resource along with hands-on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Psychotron Member Megadeth4168's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Server+,Project+,MCSE, CCNA:S, CISSP, CCNP, CEH, GCED
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Member

Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by astorrs View Post
    TechNet is going to be your best resource along with hands-on.
    Great, thanks ! When the registration begins, I am assumming it will be from 12:00a.m PST is this correct? Some of us in the midwest might need to wake up at 2:00a.m if we would like to be one of the early birds.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Drops by now and again astorrs's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by gwamaka View Post
    Great, thanks ! When the registration begins, I am assumming it will be from 12:00a.m PST is this correct? Some of us in the midwest might need to wake up at 2:00a.m if we would like to be one of the early birds.
    I've never heard of a beta filling up in the 1st day before, I'm sure you can wait until 6 or 7am
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeth4168 View Post
    Wow, those were some good videos. I love the "problem steps recording" feature. Windows 7 really rocks. I am so very impressed with it. I'm hoping to have time to play with the deployment features this weekend.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertKaucher View Post
    Wow, those were some good videos. I love the "problem steps recording" feature. Windows 7 really rocks. I am so very impressed with it. I'm hoping to have time to play with the deployment features this weekend.
    Agree 100% - I installed Windows 7 now on my workstation and I have yet to find a program which doesn't work on it .. never even crashed on me (Vista retail crashed more than the W7 Beta ).

The only "program" which doesn't really work 100% is the NVIDIA Control Panel (using latest Beta too). But apart from that - awesome OS - looking forward to the final product.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomjaba View Post
    .. never even crashed on me
    LOL - should have shut my mouth. Just had to perform a system restore which worked 100%

Screen went dark after a while - so it was either a blank screensaver or it went into sleep. Basically it didn't wake up anymore and even the boot loader was bust when doing a hard reset. So I guess it went into sleep which isn't a good idea with hardware Raid (Adaptec 5805) - its a known problem as it takes bloody ages (or it doesn't work at all on Windows 7).

But like I say - restore worked perfectly (restore points ftw. :P)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Questionably Benevolent Moderator Slowhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    More news from the learning-front: MSL community: Windows 7 Learning Portal NOW LIVE

Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 First 12 345 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks