+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 First 123 45 Last
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP R&S, MCSE 2000, MCTS-640, CCNA:Sec
    Suggestion: can we get a category "Windows 7 exams" or similar?

W7 seems cool, good luck to all you early adopters(sp?)!

/creamy
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    TechExam Certified Alien Abduction Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by creamy_stew View Post
    Suggestion: can we get a category "Windows 7 exams" or similar?
    Good idea really.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by gwamaka View Post
    Great, thanks ! When the registration begins, I am assumming it will be from 12:00a.m PST is this correct? Some of us in the midwest might need to wake up at 2:00a.m if we would like to be one of the early birds.
    Per the blog: "To register in North America, please call: Prometric: (800) 755-EXAM (800-755-3926)"

Per Prometric: "The office is open Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. Eastern Time; closed on local holidays."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCP XP | MCTS: Vista, 7, Hyper-V, AD-DS,2008 Network Infra. | MCITP:EST
    Well im signed up.....stupid effing test centers in my area didnt have any weekend dates available and ONLY had the 5th and 6th so that reduces my study time quite a bit.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Passion For IT

Certifications
    MCTS, MCITP, MCP, A+, Server+, Security+, Project+, CCENT, CCNA-Sec, CEH, CHFI
    It's up right now. I registered for May 14th.

9pm PST = 12am EST.
    A few certs here and there and everywhere...
    AAS: Computer Security
    BS: Information Technology - Security (WGU)
    MS: Information Security & Assurance (WGU)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSA:2008, VCP4/5, CCA (XS), MCITP: EA/VA, MCSE, MCSA, Linux+, Security+, Server+, A+
    Signed up for May 8th for me. Too bad there wasn't anything earlier.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, A+, Security+, MCP (270,290,291), MCSA, MCSA: Security, MCITP:SA, CIW Professional, BS IT, MSIA
    I just changed it to a weekend but im gonna have to drive to the Boston area. I hope I pass
    Last edited by qwertyiop; 04-27-2009 at 04:24 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DTA/DCA, VCP-5/DT, MCSA: 2008, MCITP: EA, MCTS x5, ITIL v3, MCSA: M, MS in Telecom Engg
    Mine's on the 18th. Out of curiosity, how many seats do they offer for a beta, worldwide?
    VCDX: DCV - Round 2 rescheduled (by VMware) for December 2017.

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, A+, Security+, MCP (270,290,291), MCSA, MCSA: Security, MCITP:SA, CIW Professional, BS IT, MSIA
    Quote Originally Posted by Essendon View Post
    Mine's on the 18th. Out of curiosity, how many seats do they offer for a beta, worldwide?

I have no clue but im just glad that I got one
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DTA/DCA, VCP-5/DT, MCSA: 2008, MCITP: EA, MCTS x5, ITIL v3, MCSA: M, MS in Telecom Engg
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyiop View Post
    I have no clue but im just glad that I got one
    Likewise...5 of my team of 11 have signed up too. Not too long before seats run out or prometric's servers die...

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    Sigh, everyone and their MAMA must be signing up for this thing. The Prometric site is all hung up and I can't schedule an exam, ACK!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by skrpune View Post
    Sigh, everyone and their MAMA must be signing up for this thing. The Prometric site is all hung up and I can't schedule an exam, ACK!!

Keep trying
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Member

Certifications
    B.S. in Web Design, A.A.S. in Networking, CCNA, Network+, A+, MCTS 70-620, MCITP 70-622
    I got signed up for May 15th! Good deal
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    B.IT, MCSA:M,MCSE 03, MCTS:Vista, Win7, AD, Network, Applications
    Awesome! Thanks, Signed up for 18th May Cant wait lolz.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyiop View Post
    Keep trying
    Oh, yeah - I'm stubborn like that! I did end up getting through, and I'm scheduled for Monday the 18th 9am. I'm really glad that I got a spot...now to really get started on the preparations! I've got a lot to study for now: programming (java) final on May 2nd, discrete math final on May 7th, Windows 7 exam on May 18th, and my 70-290 exam on May 27th. I know what I'll be doing for the next month: lots of and little of (with some thrown in for mood adjustment!).

So does it really take 5-10 weeks to get notified of a pass/fail via mail?? Yeesh, I'm not very patient, I don't know how I'm going to deal with not getting an instant grade. (Anyone remember the episode of the Simpsons where Lisa is screaming "VALIDATE ME!!" and is itching for a grade because the school is closed down?! I'm soooo Lisa Simpson...minus the saxamaphone... )
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by skrpune View Post
    Oh, yeah - I'm stubborn like that! I did end up getting through, and I'm scheduled for Monday the 18th 9am. I'm really glad that I got a spot...now to really get started on the preparations! I've got a lot to study for now: programming (java) final on May 2nd, discrete math final on May 7th, Windows 7 exam on May 18th, and my 70-290 exam on May 27th. I know what I'll be doing for the next month: lots of and little of (with some thrown in for mood adjustment!).
    That's pretty full on there. I thought I had it tough, with the 622 on the 7th (company requirement), 680 on the 18th and ITIL on the 23rd (another freaking company requirement). Good luck to you...

Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member
    Prometric's website was sure taking a beating... scheduled for May 14th at 12:30

Going to be a busy month with exams this month since it will be the 3rd. Had to postpone my 70-620 till May 4th since I was ill when I had it scheduled in April. Then the 70-640 on the 28th of May.

Good luck all
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Great .. website didn't load for hours and now I get

"The maximum count for the promotion has been exceeded. Please try another promotion."

How flippin annoying ...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Member

Certifications
    Comptia A+ ~ 70-271 MCP ~ 70-272 MCDST ~ 70-621 MCTS, MCITP:EST ~ 70-680 MCTS ~ 70-290 MCP
    Same here well upset.

i guess i can wait till it goes live and get some books. then at least i will know it inside out.

hoops
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by littlehoops View Post
    Same here well upset.

i guess i can wait till it goes live and get some books. then at least i will know it inside out.

hoops
    Yea ... quite annoying ... I have never seen a beta exam getting "full" that quickly. I can only imagine that the amount was really low (amount of vouchers that is).

Plus, I am in Europe and so due to the time zones I already have a disadvantage which the website didn't take into consideration. I was still up when it was officially the 27th in the US but still didn't see it on the Prometric site until 6am local time .. then it took me three hours to even login
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Psychotron Member Megadeth4168's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Server+,Project+,MCSE, CCNA:S, CISSP, CCNP, CEH, GCED
    I've got no one to blame except myself.... I foolishly thought that getting up at 4am EST would be good enough, but it was already full.... Ah well... I'll try some more when I get back from the gym.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Member

Certifications
    MCSE, CCNA, MCDST, MCITP, A+/S+
    I had been trying since 2am but what I didn't realize was that my local testing center didn't have any dates available during the exam period. The registration website wasn't showing me the calendar so I thought it was just an "overnight maintenance" issue until I had waited a couple hours and it still didn't work. Then I tried to register for a different exam at which point I sh*t bricks and realized the voucher was ALREADY used up. Lulz...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by colebert View Post
    I had been trying since 2am but what I didn't realize was that my local testing center didn't have any dates available during the exam period. The registration website wasn't showing me the calendar so I thought it was just an "overnight maintenance" issue until I had waited a couple hours and it still didn't work. Then I tried to register for a different exam at which point I sh*t bricks and realized the voucher was ALREADY used up. Lulz...
    Poeple are genereally not happy it seems - quite a lot of people complaining on the blog. ESPECIALLY from Europe - fcuk sake - first time I am really annoyed about a beta exam .. I already put in HOURS to create a full environment to prepare for the exam... Got three server here with 2008 R2 and Windows 7 - now I lost interest for now
    Reply With Quote Quote  

25. Member

Certifications
    MCSE, CCNA, MCDST, MCITP, A+/S+
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomjaba View Post
    Poeple are genereally not happy it seems - quite a lot of people complaining on the blog. ESPECIALLY from Europe - fcuk sake - first time I am really annoyed about a beta exam .. I already put in HOURS to create a full environment to prepare for the exam... Got three server here with 2008 R2 and Windows 7 - now I lost interest for now
    Yeah, I've already seen the MS blog that announced the beta. It is getting trolled really hard by all the jilted testers. Should have seen this coming... open registration for a free exam at midnight EST which just happens to be noon in Asia. DOH!
    Last edited by colebert; 04-27-2009 at 09:37 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by colebert View Post
    Yeah, I've already seen the MS blog that announced the beta. It is getting trolled really hard by all the jilted testers. Should have seen this coming... open registration for a free exam at midnight EST which just happens to be noon in Asia. DOH!
    Well I was still up at midnight EST (being in Europa) and it was still not available for us. THis is what makes it so annoying. Its like we were waiting for some bird in Prometric to wake up to activate it for us ...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 First 123 45 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks