+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    BS:Electrical Engineering,DRE, AMBCI, MCITP-EA,SA, MCP, CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jander1023 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your day. I hope you are able to get in there the next time and have smooth sailing.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. You and earweed are both a little a head of me on the certs. You both have provided very valuable posts and direct feedback to my questions. I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks man for the nice comments, we're always happy to help when we can.Good luck with your exam. I will be ok I guess one thing that worry me is that I found out that now I have two pending exams in my Prometric profile so I've contacted them to clear the old one so that it doesnt' cause any problem.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by erpadmin View Post
    za3bour,

I have used the Unleashed series for Exchange 2003. I found it to be an excellent resource. Of course, this is an apples to orange comparison, but I am a firm believer of never having enough resources. Usually, when I buy a technical resource, I research what I don't understand on the Internet anyway, then go back to it to see if my understanding makes sense. I am sure we all do the same thing (we pretty much have to... ).

But you really can't go wrong with either and when I get to it, I will be going with the Mastering R2 book shortly and then the Unleashed afterwards. (I'm gonna have to anyway....I just finished installing R2 Enterprise on my home server and I'll discuss that in my experiences thread).
    I decided to get the unleached just because it had better reviews on Amazon and it's 200 pages more so more info but like you said both are good resources I wish I could afford to get both but shipping is gonna be very expensive although the price is just awesome from Amazon I just don't know how can they give you 40% off the original price.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Bad news, I just got an Email from my test center that my exam is rescheduled to next Wednesday due to technical problems at test center.

I just hate this mainly because I don't wanna study anymore and now time will pass very slowly.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    Quote Originally Posted by za3bour View Post
    Bad news, I just got an Email from my test center that my exam is rescheduled to next Wednesday due to technical problems at test center.

I just hate this mainly because I don't wanna study anymore and now time will pass very slowly.

Aside from the date, I don't see how that's bad....at least you're not schleping (yeah, I'll bust out some Yiddish on you, almost appropriate...lmao!!) like you did last time. Plus you have an extra couple of days.....I'd almost consider it a blessing in disguise.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Aside from the date, I don't see how that's bad....at least you're not schleping (yeah, I'll bust out some Yiddish on you, almost appropriate...lmao!!) like you did last time. Plus you have an extra couple of days.....I'd almost consider it a blessing in disguise.

To be honest I don't what does schleping and yiddish means so I don't know what to say.

Well it's bad because I don't like to over study I read two books twice and I think I'm ready for the exam and I went to the test center focused and ready to finish it but now I have one week extra which I don't know how I will fill.

I think now i will start reading for 70-643.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS 70-680, MCITP:EA or MCSA:WS2K8, Bachelor of Science, IT - Networks Design and Management
    To be honest I don't what does schleping and yiddish means so I don't know what to say.

Well it's bad because I don't like to over study I read two books twice and I think I'm ready for the exam and I went to the test center focused and ready to finish it but now I have one week extra which I don't know how I will fill.

I think now i will start reading for 70-643.

Those two words you can definitely Google. Schleping is basically making a hard long journey (I thought it was Yiddish [Jewish] slang and not an actual word, but apparently it is when I saw it in the dictionary... I'm from the metro New York City area and a lot of those types of words actually make it to the regional dialect. ).

I would imagine Damascus to Beirut would signify such a journey and not even so much for the distance.

As for how you want to fill your week....spend time with your family and friends the first half. Then re-cram for the subjects the second half. You already have the confidence, just take some time to "smell the roses."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Those two words you can definitely Google. Schleping is basically making a hard long journey (I thought it was Yiddish [Jewish] slang and not an actual word, but apparently it is when I saw it in the dictionary... I'm from the metro New York City area and a lot of those types of words actually make it to the regional dialect. ).

I would imagine Damascus to Beirut would signify such a journey and not even so much for the distance.

As for how you want to fill your week....spend time with your family and friends the first half. Then re-cram for the subjects the second half. You already have the confidence, just take some time to "smell the roses."
    I did google them but couldn't figure out exactly what they mean so thanks for clarification.

The distance from damascus to beirut is not very long but you have to stop twice at the boarders and since you don't need a visa every day thousands of poeple from both countries accross boarders so that's why the trip could take 2 hours or 5 hours.

The average though is 3-3.5 hours.I went to NY for one day only but I will never forget it because I fell in love with the city. I went to about 12 major cities in US (Seattle,LA,San Diego, Vegas ..etc) but NY captured my heart from first sight.

I think the week will be like you suggested, tomorrow it's gonna be all day activity with the family, Sunday there is gonna be movie (Wall Street) and don't know yet about the rest.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    This is becoming a nightmare for me I've just got this Email from test center

Hi Tarek
    We are sorry to inform you that we can’t provide the exam tomorrow
    we will contact you as soon as possible
    I'm not sure whether this is Prometric issue or is related to thier test center. I'm trying to schedule it at another test center. I don't know though whether I can or not now.

I just wanna freaking finish this test, is it too much to ask ? problem is that every one around me say one sentence (good that would give you extra time to study) they don't get it , I'm ready I can't be more ready and I don't wanna study any more.

Two months were enough.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Update

I got this error trying to reschedule my exam

The page cannot be displayed We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later. If the problem persists, please contact our webmaster.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Update

I got this error trying to reschedule my exam

Ouch....!

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess that Israel is not an option for you....

Do you have money to take a trip to Dubai or anywhere in Europe?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Ouch....!

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess that Israel is not an option for you....

Do you have money to take a trip to Dubai or anywhere in Europe?

lol, I have other options in Lebanon and I have Jordan too (which is almost the same cost) but that's if I can freaking change anything.

Now I can't do anything, I'm afraid it will be listed as no show, I'm using a voucher for this so I'm also afraid it will be used twice or something.

The guy at test center is not answering my email and their website is down.

You can say I'm screwed from all directions
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I was able to reschedule it at another test center in Beirut. don't know yet if it will work or not will give them a call
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I was able to reschedule it at another test center in Beirut. don't know yet if it will work or not will give them a call

I had a similar issue when I first took Network+ several years ago. (The time that I failed it when it had the 1999 objectives.....). I scheduled it for a place that was closed down. I called Prometric directly and was able to get it scheduled at another place.

Seriously, don't accept a no show. Just call Prometric and demand that they credit/honor your voucher/whatever. You should be ok.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Gotta open another thread about this I passed 775
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, MCITP:EA, Security+, VCA-DCV
    Woo! Congrats man!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by xmalachi View Post
    Woo! Congrats man!
    Thanks man, that was one ugly exam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Gotta open another thread about this I passed 775

Another thread?! Man I want to hear how you ended up taking it and if there were any other problems. You just went straight to the punchline!

CONGRATULATIONS THOUGH AND WELL DONE!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Another thread?! Man I want to hear how you ended up taking it and if there were any other problems. You just went straight to the punchline!

CONGRATULATIONS THOUGH AND WELL DONE!!!

Sorry man the temptation was high the complete story here

WooHoo Passed 70-646 now MCITP-SA

Thank god no problem today arrived to Beirut at 11:00 PM asked about directions and was at test center by 11:45 however the lady responsible for tests was at some event so she didn't show up till 12:30 and since this was my first time at their center it took another 40 minutes before i could began. I started at 1:07 PM and finished at 3:00 PM
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks