+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DTA/DCA, VCP-5/DT, MCSA: 2008, MCITP: EA, MCTS x5, ITIL v3, MCSA: M, MS in Telecom Engg
    Hammer the sucker...
    VCDX: DCV - Round 2 rescheduled (by VMware) for December 2017.

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    BS:Electrical Engineering,DRE, AMBCI, MCITP-EA,SA, MCP, CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by LCA View Post
    Got the confirmation for 647.

9:00am next Monday morning (NZ time). Looking forward to real good scrap with the sure to be very convoluted MS questions!

I'll be winding down my study on Sunday so I have a clear mind for exam. I don't like studying up to the last minute, doing that fuddles up my old scone.
    Good Luck for you, bring us some good news
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. LCA

Certifications
    MCITP:EA, MCTS (SQL Server 70-432) MCP, Network+, Dip. Computer Systems Network Engineering
    Thanks guys!

Today (Saturday) I don't feel I have to learn new topics 48 hours out but I am just polishing up knowledge on topics like Branch Office design, virtualization, System Center and ForeFront products. I'm also doing a quick review of the numerous Infrastructure, Planning and Design series of documents that MS have available for download.

And now back to
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55, MCITP: EA, VA & SA, MCSA 2003: Messaging, MCTS: Windows 7 and working on VCAP-DCD
    Good luck and post up your results. I am booked for January 29th for this one as I have reviewed the MS Press, MegaGuide from Preplogic and used the MeasureUp tests.

I am also using the notes and links here as well. I find that if you combine the knowledge from all the previous exams it is not that bad. It actually seems easier than the 646 which took me 2 tries.

Anyway post up after taking and your thoughts.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Booked the exam at Feb 3rd lets see how it will goes.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCAP-DCA, VCP 55, MCITP: EA, VA & SA, MCSA 2003: Messaging, MCTS: Windows 7 and working on VCAP-DCD
    Quote Originally Posted by za3bour View Post
    Booked the exam at Feb 3rd lets see how it will goes.
    Let us know as I am booked on Feb 5th.

Been studying hard but things don't seem too bad for this exam. Just the new testlets might be a small issue but who knows.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications

Studying really hard in the weekend and finally finished Sybex book. Now I will be studying MS book I did read the first two chapters and it was so damn boring.

I think I will extend the exam date it doesn’t seem realistic and I have a big weekend (3 days) so I think I will move it to February 8th.

I still need to read some sections from Windows 2008 R2 Unleached to fill in some gaps that are not discussed in both books. I'm much more confident now, it's actually more fun to study now since it's reminding me of many stuff I've studied specially in 640/642.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Took the 647 this morning and failed with a 678!!

Only had 42 questions and none of the testlets that have been mentioned by others. Not sure what to expect next round.

Studied and know the stuff but the one section - Designing Core Identity and Access Mgmt was low. The other 3 sections were very high.

Missed by 1 or 2 questions. Ah well time to review quickly and take it again soon so I don't forget information. Might get the Self Test online access to help brush up with testing as well as other review materials.

Get it 2nd time as I always do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. LCA

Certifications
    MCITP:EA, MCTS (SQL Server 70-432) MCP, Network+, Dip. Computer Systems Network Engineering
    Bad luck to miss by such a small margin. At least you've had a good look at the finish line and next time you'll nail it with flying colors.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by CChilderhose View Post
    Took the 647 this morning and failed with a 678!!

Only had 42 questions and none of the testlets that have been mentioned by others. Not sure what to expect next round.

Studied and know the stuff but the one section - Designing Core Identity and Access Mgmt was low. The other 3 sections were very high.

Missed by 1 or 2 questions. Ah well time to review quickly and take it again soon so I don't forget information. Might get the Self Test online access to help brush up with testing as well as other review materials.

Get it 2nd time as I always do.
    Sorry to hear that, I'm sure you will pass next time and I hope that you have the free second shot?

I didn't feel that I'm 100% confident so I rescheduled my exam for the second time.It's not an easy one to study it does need you to read some old topics in addition to learn some new ones as well that are not mentioned in the books which are old.

Not sure about exam engine, I read it does contain some scenarios, you don't have one in yours so it seems there is no pattern.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I was thinking about this, do you think it is our right to know exactly what the format of the exam will be? also if there are beta questions or not.

In my opinion I think it's our right to know, at least to be mentally ready for this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. LCA

Certifications
    I was thinking about this, do you think it is our right to know exactly what the format of the exam will be? also if there are beta questions or not.

In my opinion I think it's our right to know, at least to be mentally ready for this.
    There's something in what you say but unfortunately in MS own words from the prep guides:

Microsoft exam exams might include adaptive testing technology and simulation items. Microsoft does not identify the format which the exams are presented.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on a related topic this article on the MS exam blog talks about the philosophy and methodology of how the correct answer is found in MS PRO exams, (ie. exams such as 646 and 647):

Sometimes the correct answer is the correct answer

This is very relevant to 647:

Because we believe that truly qualified candidates, especially at the professional level, should know what the best solution is in situations where multiple good solutions exist or are possible, we have decided to incorporte "best answer" items into some of our exams.
    I had many questions in 647 where multiple answers were in some way correct even if they would require more administrative effort.
    Last edited by LCA; 02-05-2011 at 06:06 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    I've been exploring different resources and haven't scheduled yet. I've been hearing that they've beefed up this exam quite a bit and that's got me a little nervous. I'll probably take it mid to late March.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by earweed View Post
    I've been exploring different resources and haven't scheduled yet. I've been hearing that they've beefed up this exam quite a bit and that's got me a little nervous. I'll probably take it mid to late March.
    This is what I heard as well but I just can't wait anymore I really wanna move this away of my face.

I have the exam in about 10 hours.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCIX-NV, VCAP5-DCD/DTA/DCA, VCP-5/DT, MCSA: 2008, MCITP: EA, MCTS x5, ITIL v3, MCSA: M, MS in Telecom Engg
    Good luck, go slay this sucker.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Essendon View Post
    Good luck, go slay this sucker.
    Thanks, still 3 hours to go
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Member

Certifications
    Some, more needed.
    Best of luck to you!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    Thanks, still 3 hours to go
    Go slay it man. I know you'll destroy it.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Took this sucker again today and slammed it out with 866.

Finally an EA. Woohoo.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I'm so tired both mentally and physically but hell yea I passed

775, that was one hell of an exam. details later it's 9:26 PM now I finished work at 5 then headed to the test center which is like 30 minutes away took the exam and I'm home finally.

A lot of details later tomorrow, finally MCITP-EA it took me around 10 months to do it (well I spent 2 months moving/settling which really can't count).

I just need to sleep now, gotta walk up at 5:30 thanks every one for your support and for this great site which is a major role of why I'm passing.(Y)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. LCA

Certifications
    CChilderhose and za3bour,

CONGRATULATIONS!!

za3bour, you got an identical score to mine!

It's really good to see so many new EA's here at TE in 2011......
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I'm so tired both mentally and physically but hell yea I passed

775, that was one hell of an exam. details later it's 9:26 PM now I finished work at 5 then headed to the test center which is like 30 minutes away took the exam and I'm home finally.

A lot of details later tomorrow, finally MCITP-EA it took me around 10 months to do it (well I spent 2 months moving/settling which really can't count).

I just need to sleep now, gotta walk up at 5:30 thanks every one for your support and for this great site which is a major role of why I'm passing.(Y)
    Congrats man. We both nailed it the same day. Mine only had 42 questions and not testlets. Looks like they have gotten rid of them.

Look forward to your thoughts after rest.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member

Certifications
    JLPT 1級; VCAP5-DCA; VCE-CIMIE
    Congrats to both of you!

Anyway, CChilderhose, I noticed that you already have MCTS: Windows 2008 R2, Server Virtualization (70-659). That's one cert I really want to go for. Would you recommend getting that before or after 70-646/647? Any of that material apply to the 646 or 647?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Congratulations to both of you, CChilderhose and za3bour on a well-earned EA. I'll crack open a beer or two for you tonight. I have my encounter with the 647 on the 22nd, coming up thick and fast. I hope I dont need to procrastinate again, have pushed this back three times already.
    VCDX: DCV - Round 2 rescheduled (by VMware) for December 2017.

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by LCA View Post
    CChilderhose and za3bour,

CONGRATULATIONS!!

za3bour, you got an identical score to mine!

It's really good to see so many new EA's here at TE in 2011......
    Thanks a lot LCA, well I thought I will really get more but it's a good score and Yes you're right there are so many EA's at this time I think most of us did start working on this on 2010 and finished or about to finish at this time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 First 123 4 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks